Do Not Sell My Personal Information

One For U Guys To Help Me With

glen_neilson

was looking thru the posts for a bit there,saw somthing about there not being many manual 4 wheel steer celicas about,mine is manual 158 brake model(import) when i had my new engine sent from japan it was an automatic but we sorted that. also my cars restricted to aropund 140 mph and not 112,any ideas on that?

my main problem is that i need a front shock absorber,electronic one,also 4 brake disks. has anyone got any ideas where i can get them and not get ripped off? :help:

finaly,does the steering wheel from the gen 7 celica fit onto my gen 5? if so has anyone got one they wud like to sell?

eh How you doing mate .

Not sure but i think you'll find 140 is the top end ! Not restricted to that , jap cars have restrictors at 112mph only .

Try Fensport for the parts , or theres a load of Jap Breakers around Glasgow , phone about !

:king::gunsmilie:

i was hitting 140 at about 5500 or 6000 rpm,redlines at 9000 but i spose u wouldnt want it in the red anyway

had a look on that site,looks like they have the disks im looking for and a shocker. thanks a lot

i was hitting 140 at about 5500 or 6000 rpm,redlines at 9000 but i spose u wouldnt want it in the red anyway

had a look on that site,looks like they have the disks im looking for and a shocker. thanks a lot

Redlines at 9000rpm????? What type of celica do you have?

Redlines at 9000rpm????? What type of celica do you have?

Star trek "celica" Enterprise ?? :lol:

so if its doing 140 at 5500 revs i would guess that at "9000" were talkin about 160mph ? for a celica hmmm i dont think so mate , get your clocks checked they seem to be out a bit.

And if it does get over my way and let me see the beast !!! :D

i was doubting myself there!! went and looked and it is 9000 it redlines at. only got 110 on the speedo tho,it goes round to 000 again which looks abt 140. ill get a pic for ya to see

i was doubting myself there!! went and looked and it is 9000 it redlines at. only got 120 on the speedo tho,it goes round to 000 again which looks abt 140. ill get a pic for ya to see

cheers ! get us a pic of it off the clock too :lol::lol:

Mine goes of the clock too. :rolleyes: cough 120mph plus. cough but I have noticed that my speedo is out by 10+ mph.

was looking thru the posts for a bit there,saw somthing about there not being many manual 4 wheel steer celicas about,mine is manual 158 brake model(import) when i had my new engine sent from japan it was an automatic but we sorted that. also my cars restricted to aropund 140 mph and not 112,any ideas on that?

my main problem is that i need a front shock absorber,electronic one,also 4 brake disks. has anyone got any ideas where i can get them and not get ripped off? :help:

finaly,does the steering wheel from the gen 7 celica fit onto my gen 5? if so has anyone got one they wud like to sell?

Maybe you have an aftermarket rev counter or something, but the gen 5 /158hp engine redlines at 7000rpm. According to the manufacturer's data, top speed is 137mph, but that's incredibly optimistic. 120mph is closer to reality. If your car has a manual gearbox with the standard ratios, you should see about 3750 rpm at 80mph.

I can't help you with the shock absorber other than I would expect it to be the same as the UK part. Not sure what you mean by 'electronic one'? Brake disks can be had from lots of places. I think the cheapest I found fronts for was from 'buypartsby'.

It is highly unlikely that a gen7 steering wheel will fit a gen 5.

Maybe you have an aftermarket rev counter or something, but the gen 5 /158hp engine redlines at 7000rpm. According to the manufacturer's data, top speed is 137mph, but that's incredibly optimistic. 120mph is closer to reality. If your car has a manual gearbox with the standard ratios, you should see about 3750 rpm at 80mph.

If they only do 120 thats rubbish! A Mk2 Golf can do 120 and thats the 112bhp 8 Valve!

Sounds like someone fitted Honda clocks by accident! :lol:

i cant uploas pics yet,might be a fault on the board or just that i cannot post them as yet

i cant uploas pics yet,might be a fault on the board or just that i cannot post them as yet

Upload them to somewhere like photobucket and then use the links provided in your posts, copy and paste them in using the %7Boption%7D tags ;)

If they only do 120 thats rubbish! A Mk2 Golf can do 120 and thats the 112bhp 8 Valve!

Is that a manufacturer's specs top speed, or a real world verified road speed? ;)

Is that a manufacturer's specs top speed, or a real world verified road speed? ;)

Its actually listed 119mph so for sake of 1 mph yeah IMHO, I have had a friends keep up with me when I had an 8v GTE at about that speed when I was alot younger obviously! :thumbsup: They are a good few bhp less powerful! My old mans 115bhp Vectra LS used to do 126 with 3 in and camping gear! Just thought it would have been a higher top end!

02050617325fz.th.jpg

02050617314ab.th.jpg

my speedo has been back to 000 before my new engine was fitted,its a lot faster than 120 id say

So your red line is about 7,000 (plug change, the 8 and 9 are just there for show).

And your speedo tops out at 110mph.

So allow a 10% error and are you sure it's hitting 140mph? (would be pointing to 6 o'clock)

the speedo is just about at 000 when the engine cuts off,then picks up again when the cars slowed to around the 110 mark. im not the best when it comes to the technical stuff.

the speedo is just about at 000 when the engine cuts off,then picks up again when the cars slowed to around the 110 mark. im not the best when it comes to the technical stuff.

000 ?

No worries about the tech stuff, we'll help as much as we can. I'm a novice with cars, but I'm happy to learn and get my hands dirty. Hence why I DIY a lot of my servicing now.

its nearly round to 0 i meant. btw not long after having the car that fast the bottom end of the engine cooked. after reading a few bits on the forum im wondering if my cars the 158 brake engine now,it was an automatic,converted to a manual,came from japan. the car seems slower since the engine change,but i did put bigger wheels on

The 120bhp has "FE" on the cam cover on the engine (drivers side). The 160bhp will have "GE".

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=53849

for the 140bhp pic..

and

http://www.ctjengines.com/nss-folder/pictures/3sfe(e).jpg

http://www.motorsportsunlimited.com/swaps/images/3sfe.jpg

for the 120bhp FE ..

He said in his first post that he has the 158hp 3s-ge, I don't think we need to question that??

If you really are getting to 140 then you're probably hitting the rev limiter, and it doesn't surprise me that you killed a bottom end at that!

He said in his first post that he has the 158hp 3s-ge, I don't think we need to question that??

If you really are getting to 140 then you're probably hitting the rev limiter, and it doesn't surprise me that you killed a bottom end at that!

He was saying he'd had an engine swap .. so I was just giving him the NA 3S family ..

• 3 weeks later...

after all my work sum1 smashed into me,tthe damage isnt that bad but ive got the insurance company mentioning a total loss already!!!. many parts up for grabs probs.