Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Toyota Supra Shots?

BIGRED

Hello :thumbsup:

Just browzin bout on tinternet when i stumbled across these shots...

Not sure how to enlarge them so sorry for their size...

pic 1 http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=wwc21h

pic 2 http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=wwbz8z

pic 3 http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=wwbzba

Anyone else got any or heard anything about a new Toyota Supra? :drool:

Oh my god, that is !Removed! awful :sick: The only thing i like is the rear lights.

Hmm - 5L V8... with 430 - 450ps

The convertable looks nice :thumbsup:

But the hard top looks like i'd say a mix between the rear end of an RX8, the front end of an Aston Martin and the rear quarter panel reminds me of a 350Z

J

*sigh*..

How many times do we have to say? the supra is dead! :lol:

There are rumors that is going to be released in late 2006 or early '07 Charlie.

Dunno if its true though...

Maybe one of the TOC magazine editors can find out :thumbsup:

J

The side view looks as if they have copied the design of the aston martin with a sheet of tracing paper :lol:

There are rumors that is going to be released in late 2006 or early '07 Charlie.

Dunno if its true though...

Maybe one of the TOC magazine editors can find out :thumbsup:

J

There have been rumours about it for ages, but I'll defo have a nosey round and see if I can find any info! :thumbsup:

IF they do bring back the supra and IF it`s under 25K i`ll buy one. :yes: Think i`m on safe ground here. ;)

The same photo's have been posted on here numerous times over the last couple of years, if you look around there are other photo's of the 'new supra' on here as well...

Would be nice to see a new Supra but unfortunately won;t be holding my breath...

Official word from Toyota is the Supra name died with the IV

The same has been said for the celica and MR2 which will cease production this year (the MR2 already has)

As Ryan mentioned, these particular pics (as well as others) have been floating around since 2001 when the Mk IV production ceased.

There was a Lexus LF-S (or something) concept, which suggested a 'Toyota Supercar', but Toyota/Lexus stated it was purely for concept.

There are plans for a mid-range sports car, aimed more at replacing the Celica/MR2 than the Supra, but as is the way with Toyota, there are no official pictures or references.

Basically, the Supra name is dead, there may be a car along that you can call 'a supra replacement', although with current emission laws, dont expect a Turbo.

The same has been said for the celica and MR2 which will cease production this year (the MR2 already has)

As Ryan mentioned, these particular pics (as well as others) have been floating around since 2001 when the Mk IV production ceased.

There was a Lexus LF-S (or something) concept, which suggested a 'Toyota Supercar', but Toyota/Lexus stated it was purely for concept.

There are plans for a mid-range sports car, aimed more at replacing the Celica/MR2 than the Supra, but as is the way with Toyota, there are no official pictures or references.

Basically, the Supra name is dead, there may be a car along that you can call 'a supra replacement', although with current emission laws, dont expect a Turbo.

I dont get what you mean by current emission laws. How come lets say, Mitsubushi can release the fq400 with huge power and big turbo, but there cant be another 3litre turbo?

I dont get what you mean by current emission laws. How come lets say, Mitsubushi can release the fq400 with huge power and big turbo, but there cant be another 3litre turbo?

i'm not saying there cant be... lots of manufacturers still develop turbo cars...

but you also need to consider Toyotas chief market, it isnt the UK, or Europe - Toyota's biggest seller is the Camry, and thats to the US market, which believe it or not, has tighter Emission regulations than we do, but its not just that, cost is an issue to, for development, running etc.

Toyota has a 'reliable' image, turbocharging is stressful on an engine, and its cleaner, cheaper, and easier to build an N/A, and lets not forget, more economical too! (remember those spiking oil prices ;) )

So any sports car is going to probably have a newer engine, and as such, will either be an underpowered 4-pot, or, more likely, a V6, i'm not saying it wont, just that it would be a surprise if they did.

Toyota has a 'reliable' image, turbocharging is stressful on an engine, and its cleaner, cheaper, and easier to build an N/A, and lets not forget, more economical too! (remember those spiking oil prices ;) )

Unfortunately not! Which is why the 2zzge, an otherwise perfectly sound engine, is no more. We are going to see a lot more new turbo cars coming up, as a bigger engine with a low-pressure turbo is less polluting that the VVTL-i n/a engines.

Have you not noticed that the Impreza now sports a smooth 2.5l unit instead of the old grunty 2l?

Another thing is that Nissan is getting an unreasonable amount of favourable coverage about a new car which is still 500 days away from being launched. Will Toyota/Lexus let that go without a response?

Paul.

The side view looks as if they have copied the design of the aston martin with a sheet of tracing paper :lol:

...which can only be a good thing imo, I really like it :drool:

Last thing i heard was that the lexus WILL make production, powered by a V10 engine. Apparently the new Nissan GTR forced toyota's hand. Think they want to give the lexus brand a flagship model as well... but it's gonna cost near £70,000...

With regards a new celica/mr2 model, Autocar had a feature a few weeks ago saying it would have a 1.5 litre engine with two elctric motors which produce huge amounts of torque, and it would be 4 wheel-drive. Whether this is will ever happen i'm not sure, but with the emphasis Toyota is putting on its hybrid technology, i wouldn't be surprised!

Mike

No no no no no no no no and no yet again! :2guns:

The supra 'is not' coming back.

When toyota get around to releaseing a new supercar it will be badged as a lexus as the cost and engine size will be far too big to warrent a toyota Badge.

Please lets let the supra die in peace and lets not post any more fake pictures and lets talk no more silly nonsense about it :thumbsup::lol:

Please can we try to make this the last ever post where i see those god awful pictures again :lol:

^^^ What he said!!! ^^^

Thought I'd bring you news of the new Supra....

Only joking!

As ever I can say nothing, but we hear rumours too. We even start a few, but the real issue with new, traditional-style sports cars is the need to get the average CO2 emission for cars sold down. The target is 140g/km by 2010.

This will apply to every manufacturer and some are looking a long way off, but consider that for every Prius we can sell a GS450h (0-62mph in 5,9sec BTW) and I think we'll have fun, fast cars in the future.

...which can only be a good thing imo, I really like it :drool:

Yup.. I agree.. I like it! :thumbsup:

As ever I can say nothing, but we hear rumours too. We even start a few, but the real issue with new, traditional-style sports cars is the need to get the average CO2 emission for cars sold down. The target is 140g/km by 2010.

This will apply to every manufacturer ...

Really? Including BMW and Mercedes? I don't think they even make any cars at the moment below 140gCO2/km.

Paul.