Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hid/xenon Lights

szilu

You seem to know your stuff Corsol :thumbsup: !

I want to replace my bulbs as I dislike the appearance of the orange/yellow glow from the current bulbs, and they light up the road quite poorly IMHO. In my yaris I fitted some Philips Blue Visions bulbs and they were great but I'm having trouble getting some for the Corolla.

So I want the look of HID bulbs but I can't afford them done properly - so whats the best/next option?

Cheers :thumbsup: !

I want to replace my bulbs as I dislike the appearance of the orange/yellow glow from the current bulbs, and they light up the road quite poorly IMHO. In my yaris I fitted some Philips Blue Visions bulbs and they were great but I'm having trouble getting some for the Corolla.

So I want the look of HID bulbs but I can't afford them done properly - so whats the best/next option?

Check:

http://www.lighting.philips.com/in_en/cons...ighting〈=en

&

http://www.osram.com/pdf/service_corner/Wh...ype_are_you.pdf

:thumbsup:

hi, the bulbs you see in the picutre are not just bulbs, they are connected to a ballast!.

go for japanese makes or german only not chinese.

I mean "bulbs" (with wires, balast, etc......) .......

If U want "fancy" car/lights, then allmost anything could be OK.....If you want real ( & LEGAL) performance then original parts are the answer.

yet toyota doesnt even have an hid part for the corolla?!

Check:

http://www.lighting.philips.com/in_en/cons...ighting〈=en

&

http://www.osram.com/pdf/service_corner/Wh...ype_are_you.pdf

:thumbsup:

do you have this type of bulb fitted in your car?!

any pics?

-If xenon lights is your TOP prioroty than U should look for another car... :D

-I have OSRAM light@day-low beam, high beam are OE,

-No pics

-If Xenon lights is your TOP prioroty than U should look for another car... :D

-I have OSRAM light@day-low beam, high beam are OE,

-No pics

Yes sir,

Philips are the best bulbs then ........ top work fella and cheers for all the info :thumbsup: !

• 1 month later...

jus completed a 8000k hid upgrade

you got any more pic's, looking nice

Hi corsol

Could you please tell me what are the standard lamps in E12 corollas, H1 or H7?

I understand that using the +50% H1 or H7 lamps has no risk at all. Do you know how much power they consume and how it compares to the standard ones?

my understanding is that the +30 and +50 lights are so called because they replace the halogen gas with xenon ( or another inert ) gas.

this allows the filament to burn hotter/brighter for the same input power, thus emmiting more visible light.

what this means is that the lights are 30% or 50% brighter than halogen counterparts at the same power.

because the legal limit is on the power of the bulb, you get more light for the maximum allowable power (55W dipped / 60W main for road use)

Osram and Philips are the best. Watch out for blue ones that are just normal bulbs painted, as the paint absorbs a lot of the emmitted light.

my hid takes 35w

Hi corsol

Could you please tell me what are the standard lamps in E12 corollas, H1 or H7?

I understand that using the +50% H1 or H7 lamps has no risk at all. Do you know how much power they consume and how it compares to the standard ones?

h7

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links