Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Silent Hill

Jamesb4uk

Well, just seen Silent Hill

IMO one of the best Horror/Thriller films in a long time :thumbsup:

For those who arn't aware of the game series heres a brief synopsis.

The title's namesake, 'Silent Hill', is an isolated lakeside resort town in the United States inhabited by mysterious forces. Demonic and disfigured creatures roaming the streets and buildings, and the town continually shifts between everyday reality and a decaying "Otherworld." In the first two games, the gamers are drawn to the seemingly abandoned town; in the third and fourth games, the town reaches out to characters who have some previous connection to it.

The film version - starring Radha Mitchell & Sean Bean as the lead characters the film captures the atmospheric aspects of the game, I won't spoil the film version but it intruduces many aspects of the game with a few "twists". It explaines the setting of Silent Hill & some of the history behind the series - paving the way for a sequel.

My only quip would be that the film was too short authough a tad over 2 hours the gameplay on the PS1 is far more expanded - with several endings available depending on the gamers actions.

But even that only increases the anticipation of the next film

Over all i highly enjoyed the film version :yes::thumbsup:

J

i watched it last week and didnt find it scary at all. fair enough the graphics were great in it but the ending for some reason i just did not understand fully. maybe that was just me. but if u want the **** scared out of u this aint the one for ya

i'm going to watch tomorrow at blue water. hope its guna be good!! :thumbsup:

I watched it this weekend it's not bad, not scary :rolleyes: The plot and the way it's film are great I give it 8 out of 10 :thumbsup:

Nah its not scary at all, i saw it with Kerby and i was just confused by the end of the film. Good effects and whatnot but this aint a scary film. Go see hostel if you want to come away feeling like your stomach has left your body!!! :thumbsup:

Go see hostel if you want to come away feeling like your stomach has left your body!!! :thumbsup:

:lol::lol: I agree, it's the eye thing that did me in :sick:

I remember when the original game came out for the Playstation - ok, I am an official scaredy cat anyway, but it scared the bejesus out of me, but we sold shed loads of it and normally if it was a toss between Resident Evil & Silent Hill, Silent Hill always won it because of its eerieness and atmosphere...

To be honest, I've never been a fan of movies from games, (apart from Super Mario Bros - it was cheesy but it was cool! :lol: ) and I know there is also a film of Dead or Alive coming out soon too...

I doubt I'll watch Silent Hill, but I'm glad they did a good job with it - the last thing we need is anothee Street Fighter/Mortal Kombat floppo movie..... tarnishes the game that way.... :unsure:

Go see hostel if you want to come away feeling like your stomach has left your body!!! :thumbsup:

:lol::lol: I agree, it's the eye thing that did me in :sick:

Yeah i know, i wondered what he was doing at 1st but when he turned round with the blowtorch people started running from the cinema, then the scissors came out :yucky:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links