Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tsport Speedometer

Maggiore

Just bought my TSport, had it about 2 weeks. Its 2001 model. Just wondering... what speed does everyones Speedometer go to? mine goes to 130 but on pictures etc... it seems to be more

Thanks

Here's mine...

speedo.jpg

150mph or 240kmh

Out of interest when I’m doing 80mph the revs are 4000rpm in 5th gear.

Is that a little bit on the high side?

Here's mine...

speedo.jpg

150mph or 240kmh

Out of interest when I’m doing 80mph the revs are 4000rpm in 5th gear.

Is that a little bit on the high side?

That sounds about right.

the car wont though :P

I beg to differ!!!

the car wont though :P

I beg to differ!!!

Top speed is 118mph... you'd need serious power to increase a 1.5 Yaris engine's top speed by 12mph... it just won't happen. It'll say it's happening, but it's not. For example, I have seen 126mph on my speedo... my top speed is 109mph. Speedo's are wrong!

Besides, the Yaris's aerodynamic's would need improving for true top-end gains. To see what I mean... look at a lotus elise... same weight as my car, but if I put 190bhp in mine, it won't get to 60mph in 4.5secs and it won't do 130mph. It's aerodynamics and gearing which make the Elise quick. You need all this to create a properly fast Yaris!

(Just buy a GT4!)

Thanks guys...

when I looked at the pictures, it was showing the speedometers that have the TT sign at the bottom and go 150mph! thats why I was wondering why mine is different

Thanks anyways

well i've "seen" mine go above 120mph. so if you say it's wrong, at what speed does it go wrong? i think i'll kinda belive my speed thingy over my "hunch".

Hence police look at something like 10% +3mph for going over motorway speed limits or something like that so can usually do 80 quite happily on motorway before police are bothered. (I am not encouraging speeding i mean 70 read out from speedo could be towards 80 without you knowing! To run at 80mph on the speedo is obviously stupid as if you add it on you could be doin 88mph so nearer 90 and obviously be done for it!!!)

If you use a GPS speedo (on a sat-nav is easiest) you'll see the difference... even then this isn't totally accurate.

The manufacturers figure is calculated from three things... high-speed tests in the 'real-world' and monitored tests under controlled conditions in a wind-tunnel/test facility.

Then there is a computer programme which uses all the vehicle info, such as weight, gear ratio's, power, bore & stroke, torque, size, tyres etc etc and simulates various events. It can be used for determining the best launch, the top speed, how long it tkaes to get there, 0-60mph, 1/4 mile, in-gear flexibility etc etc... however, this is an ideal simulation with an ideal driver... the real-world is quite different as I'm sure most of you know in your attempts to get 0-60mph times and 1/4 mile times and MPG times in-line with manufacturers figures!

An average of the results is taken and thats where the figure comes from.

Iv just used a version of the programme to get these figures:

0-60mph = 8.8sec

0-100mph = 27.9sec

Top Speed = 117.8mph

Time to get to top speed = 120.94sec

1/4 mile = 16.6sec @ 83.0mph

Town MPG = 28mpg

Motorway MPG = 39.4mpg

Combination = 32.2mpg

There ye go... that's your standard T-Sport according to a computer programme. I can get loads of other info too, like power loss etc but i can't be bothered!

neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

that was the sound of that rushing straight over my head. keep to 70 and i'll be ok, is my plan.

They're on average about 10% incorrect

Hence police look at something like 10% +3mph for going over motorway speed limits or something like that so can usually do 80 quite happily on motorway before police are bothered. (I am not encouraging speeding i mean 70 read out from speedo could be towards 80 without you knowing! To run at 80mph on the speedo is obviously stupid as if you add it on you could be doin 88mph so nearer 90 and obviously be done for it!!!)

Yeah, the speedo's going to read more inaccurately the faster you go even if it kept to 10% error (obviously! :lol: ) but some go further out the faster as well.

Stick to about 20mph and you'll be fine. :thumbsup: ;)

edit: until they do you for loitering! :P

Having after market tyres and wheels (other than standard sizes) will also give you a false speedo :angry:

I was using my sat nav as a comparison and they are EXTREMELY similar.

P1's speedo's go upto 130mph and P2 speedo's go up to 150mph then? :rolleyes:

as mines a P1, the speedo only shows 130mph tops, would like to get the new tsport dials tho they look really nice

if you work it out, the gearing limits you to 121mph so no ones been over :rolleyes:

unless you raise the rev limit or alter the gearing

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links