Do Not Sell My Personal Information

KPH - MPH Conversion

PhilS

Hi, I've got an 89 GT4 ST185, but it still is in KPH, not MPH. Whats the best way to convert it to MPH, can anyone recommend somewhere in the South West? Are the GT4's limited to 112 mph?

Cheers

Phil

remember to make sure not to convert the clock, just the dials, easier to resell if the clock still reads the original reading in kilometers :)

• 1 month later...

Is it very difficult to change the dials? Is it a case of opening up the dash and popping a new dial over the old one, or is it more difficult than that? If it is this easy, (maybe not so easy to open the dash?) then does anyone have a suggestion for where to get a couple of nice dials?

Thanks

eBay seems to have a number of dials on there.

I am not sure whether it is just a case of sticking new dials over the old ones as you would have to match up the old and new speed indicators.

As per the question is my car limited to 112mph, it is my belief that all jap imports were resricted to 112.5mph unless they have been de-limited which hasvarious costs for each type of car.

If you have the money and want some fun contact Millway who will install a Unichip for £470 all in, this will not only imporve performance & economy but also de-limit the car.

For the MR2 turbo's it is not unusual to see 30bhp+ increases after the unichip has been installed, I'm pretty sure they can help with swapping over the dials as well, I believe Millway are in Andover, not exactly SW but highly recommended on a number of MR2 forums.

Try this company www.f-e-s.demon.co.uk .they are s/east but by far the best and cheapest people ,they only charge £150 for the chip and £35 for speedo face ,they give no bullsh*t and are honest.

• 1 month later...

There are a few SVA centres at Southampton docks(check out Japanese performance mag), quite cheap as far as i know. They also supply and fit delimited chips. If your in the SW, Southampton shouldn't be too hard too get to.:)

• 2 weeks later...