Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Clutch

fermit007

hi people need some advice if possible

my clutch has started slipping recently so i am going to replace it with an uprated clutch can anyone give me a good replacement clutch manufacturer and part name if possible?also how much should i be looking at for a new clutch and fitting? many thanks guys

p.s. oops its going in a rev 3 tubby by the way

thanks again

steve

Hi Steve,

I've recently had an RPS Max Series Organic clutch fitted.

Rated to 450lb/ft.

Still driveable... but a bit grabby.

If you have the power, this is your clutch!! Turboclutch MAX Series clutches have powered many of the fastest cars down the track for the past 10 years. This is a proven winner that has been perfected over the years to become the standard it is today.

MAX pressure plates offer 400 to 600 pounds of extra clamping force to hold your biggest power. 9 second Supra’s, 10 second 300ZX’s and 3000GT VR4’s, 10 second Honda’s and Eclipse’s all use Turboclutch MAX!

RPS is the only clutch company with a U.S. Patent (#5,769,973) on their single diaphragm pressure plate technology. Our unique dual diaphragm technology allows us to create almost any clutch unit with any pressure ranging from stock to double stock in 100 pound increments. If the stock pressure is 1400 pounds we can make MAX pressure plates 1800, 1900, 2000, and so on up to 2800 pounds. This flexibility can only be found at RPS.

RPS’s all new PRO MAX Series is the last pressure plate you will ever have to buy. This pressure plate uses our patented (10,334,633) segmented heat shield design that helps prevent warpage and is replaceable for the life of your car. If you ever wear out this pressure plate simply replace the segmented heat shields and you’re good to go. These replacement shields sell for a fraction of the cost of a new pressure plate. The PRO MAX is ideal for drag racing applications where short clutch life is the cost of going fast and RPS is helping reduce that cost.

Clutch found here... .: Clicky :.

Do a search under my name and clutch and you might find some useful info... not going to retype... that's what the search is for. :)

are the RPS clutches a full kit? including the cover and bearing?

needing a new one myself and have been looking at the Helix stage 2 so far but theyre only rated upto the mid 300s on torque i think?

would really like to make the clutch 'future proof' for furthar mods

The RPS clutches include cover (powder coated blue)... but no release bearing. SRB Power also sell the release bearings for around £25. Might be worth replacing clutch fork too whilst at it. This can eliminate squeaking noise people get from the clutch (not the pedal).

I was looking at the Helix clutches, but in the end went for RPS... as they were rated higher, and were still organic.

how hard is the clutch to do? tried boosting 1.2bar tonight and just got a load of noise and smelly clutch whiff :lol:

its going to heaven!

Hmmm... it's not really an on the side of the road job. I think Toyota have it down as 3-3.5 hours... if all goes well. Whifbitz did mine... and took near on 10 hours in total. Long story.

got a garage so no problem :)

car can be off road aswell for as long as need be

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links