Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cricket In The Engine?

cutz2000

I am having a bit of a problem, when I start my G6R, (4a-fe engine) there is some engine noise inside the car and outside its very noticable, it sounds like a cricket (small bug you hear in the country) its a kind of high pitched tapping, I was wonderin what this could be and if it would be expensive to fix, it has only started since I got my clutch replaced about 2 months ago, when you tap the clutch itself the noise stops but if you take your foot off the clutch again it starts again even when driving

What could this be its driving me mad!

Well if the noise goes when you touch the clutch, then that sounds to me like the clutch release bearing is rattling against the clutch cover! Nothing serious, but if it is annoying you then the gearbox will have to come out again! Go back to the garage where you had it done, and tell them to sort it!

Was the release bearing replaced when the clutch was done?? Should of been! Sounds like they havnt put enough grease on the pivot points of the clutch arm, which is what the release bearing is attached to!

yep the bearing was replaced too, i would prefer not to take the car back to the same garage, the fella who done the work didnt do too good a job, he left a screwdriver inside the engine bay against the fan which could have cause damage if they had met, also he didnt reconnect the earths and a nut was loose down at the clutch, how much do you think for getting the job done right? I take it theres no quick fix?

Sounds like a quality mechanic! NOT!!!!

Yeah bring it to me and i'll do it at a cheap rate! :D Ive worked as a mechanic for 7 years for Toyota! But it think its a bit of a trip form Ireland! :P lol

No, theres not a quick fix if thats the fault mate! Id want to take the gearbox out again for peace of mind if the job was badly done!

I know, I want to do the same cause a screwdriver in the engine! come on even a goldfish knows thats not healty for a car!

Thanks for the offer but I think Its a bit far off Gloucestershire lol

I might take it to the garage where I got it service a year ago, they did a good job and they replaced my timing belt with no problems, I really should have gone back to the authorised dealer in the first place to start off

Ah well im outta pocket agin, but for my motor its worth it!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links