Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Oil Flush

toyota99

Hi,

I have corolla 99 model car which has 52500 milage on it, when I took the car near service dealer for 52500 milage service, they told me that dipstick ... and told me that Oil flush need to be done for my car in order to be on safety side. I do oil change for 3500 miles for my car. So Is it good to do Oil Flush for my car?

oil flush will do no harm so long as its done right and when they are topping up oil make sure they use the correct viscosity for mileage and age and add greased lightning or slick 50 to the engine to coat the internal components in teflon. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Slick 50 / Greased Lightening isn't recommended.

If it was so good, it would already be in the premium priced oils, and it isn't...

If you use non synthetic oil it could be possible that you have "gunk" deposits in your engine. These are "globs" of oil products that have thickened enough to stick to your engine internals. The likelyhood of this happening with 3500 mile change intervals is very unlikely. And should you switch to synthetic oil the likelyhood would be reduced to nil.

Sounds like the serviceman wants to make more money.

Have to agree with the sandman, if your changing every 3.5k the likelyhood of you needing an extra flush is unlikely. If an engineer can recommend this by looking at the dipstick from oil that is only 3.5k old he's having a giraffe...