Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

LITTLE HELP FOR MY 22R

e20v02o

2 members have voted

1. 1. LITTLE HELP FOR MY 22R

• HI EVERYONE I HAVE A 88 4X4 22R EFI TRUCK...
    • AND FOR SOME REASON MY CAR SHAKE SO BAD WHEN IS COLD BUT AFTER IT WARN UP IS OK...... IS THERE ANYONE CAN HELP ME WITH IT???THANK YOU

HI EVERYONE I HAVE A 88 4X4 22R EFI TRUCK...

AND FOR SOME REASON MY CAR SHAKE SO BAD WHEN IS COLD BUT AFTER IT WARN UP IS OK...... IS THERE ANYONE CAN HELP ME WITH IT???

THANK YOU

It might be the transmission, i dunno, mine did this when you acclereated hard when cold, i just let it warm up first, i have a 86 22rtec 4x4. And a mr2 mk1.

Hi!

In any engine, when cold, the fuel/air mixture is harder for the spark plug to ignite. Make sure your spark plugs aren't too old (and more importantly- gapped correctly).

Changing to distributer cap & rotor is a cheap improvment too. I had a 87' 22r 4by4 that i used to pull a 4500 pound race car trailer with. Amazing truck!

I now have a 92' 6cylinder SR5 pickup that "shuts off" randomly while driving! Can't figure that one out yet. The dealership won't admit to me that they are aware of the problem in other 90-94' trucks. They just want me to "Bring it in" $$$ right!

Take Care,

Mike :thumbsup:

Hi,

ALong with what mr.mike said about the plugs, dist. cap and rotor, do a complete tune up and oil change, try runnig a higher temp plug and wired I recommend Bosch platunims and Bosch wires, Make a move to a synthetic oil, and a god air filter, depending on how much money you are looking to spend, I up graded my 88 22r efi with a k&n air induction. $240. More hp and less air reduction. Take a look at vaccum leaks also, My yota ran crappy <_< when I first got it. I t is easy to find a leak, with the engine runnig spray starting fluid over the vaccum lines, it your engines revs up fast theres a leak. Change out your fuel fitler and run a higher octane fuel.. a good tune up will only cost you abotu $100.

Hope this helps you

Copedawg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links