Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Got My 4x4

popwud

After test riding Nissans, Toyotas and Hondas I have finaly made my choice its a CR-V the comfort and ride is second to none.....although they dont smile a lot at Honda but the deal I got was fantastic....

I was just kidding...

Anyhow... how is the CR-V compared to a Rav 4?

I was considering a CR-V when I bought my Rav 4 a month ago... but found that the CR-V has moch more of a body roll problem. It's slightly greedier on fuel too. Is that true?

How would you compare?

Cheers.

(Please don't mind my earlier comment)

No problem here XT2......as I see it, I realy liked the ride and feel of the x-trail, the rav4 felt like a car on stilts, you sit shoulder to shoulder, the cr-v feels wider inside the cab and driving it is probably a bit softer than the rav4 which I liked but the crv is the cheapest to maintain and run according to all the write ups Ive read.....its permanently front wheel drive until the rear is needed making it economical....

No problem here XT2......as I see it, I realy liked the ride and feel of the x-trail, the rav4 felt like a car on stilts, you sit shoulder to shoulder, the cr-v feels wider inside the cab and driving it is probably a bit softer than the rav4 which I liked but the crv is the cheapest to maintain and run according to all the write ups Ive read.....its permanently front wheel drive until the rear is needed making it economical....

popwud,

What version of C-RV did you buy the Petrol VTEC or i-CDTI.....

Should be as bullet proof as the Toyota's and the rear door opens fully :thumbsup:

Hope you enjoy your 4x4 experiance.......

Hope you enjoy your new Honda CR-V :thumbsup:

popwud,

What version of C-RV did you buy the Petrol VTEC or i-CDTI.....

Should be as bullet proof as the Toyota's and the rear door opens fully :thumbsup:

Hope you enjoy your 4x4 experiance.......

Its the petrol one.....vtec came in the year after the one I have....met someone who had just bought a t-reg cr-v with 175k miles, mine has 55k......I really do like driving this 4x4, I wont be doing much off road apart from camping on fields and the occasional horse show.... :)

Hope you enjoy your new Honda CR-V :thumbsup:

I certianly will bob king.....and thanks for the unbiased interest, this is foruming (if thats a proper word) at its best.

I have enjoyed the TOC forums and met a few of you, I've also contributed a little and read a lot....there are some very nice and knowledgeable people belonging to this forum I hope I find the same on a Nissan site. :bye:

The only thing that puts me off the CR-V is that ruddy wheel on the back. I am looking at 4x4s to haul my mountain bikes on the back and I did not fancy Honda's idea of sticking them on the roof - bad for the old back. Am looking at the X-Trail now but it looks a tad dated on the outside.

Btw, what year is your CR-V, how much did you pay if you don't mind me asking.

Pah, traitor!!

He he! Hope you like your new car mate. Lets face it, Honda or Toyota, they're both good choices being of Jap quality.

Am not so sure about Nissan now though, because they are beginnning to share a lot of Renault running gear etc. Then again, at least Renault can learn a lot from Nissan with regard to reliability. So I suppose it's a two way thing.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links