Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

The Pollen Cloud Of Doom...

Caz SR

Heard about this on the news, saying the east of England has been affected. Thing is, without fail I've gone out to my cars this week and both are always covered in a film of yellow stuff :angry:

I feel really sorry for those with bad hayfever!!

BBC

read about this in the paper!

sneeze-ho!

WE get laods of pollen where we are.. it gets everywhere and covers everything!!!

I am glad I don't get hayfever!!!!

Not noticed it here yet, but maybe hayfever is to blame for me having really sore eyes all of yesterday/this morning :unsure:

I do .. I got the tablets and the spray, and then left them both at home.

Bah ..

And I only get hayfever in this country, how stoopid is that !!

my cars lookin like an infants paint pad at the mom... black base, yellow dusting, red, yellow n green splats from insects ... need to wash ...need to wash lol

I do .. I got the tablets and the spray, and then left them both at home.

Bah ..

And I only get hayfever in this country, how stoopid is that !!

Probably a certain type of pollen that messes with your mucous membranes that we have in the UK but not in Australia ! Any tree pollen does it for me... and covers the car with a film of yellow kak... and we have a line of trees in full blossom in front of our house... B*****d council! :(

Still, some of the tablets I use zonk me out like a light. Best nights kip I've had in yonks! ;)

Washed my car yesterday and had to rinse the front off today after driving through clouds of chitinous suicidal insects.

Well, although we're classed as East Midlands, I've not seen any of it about around here... which is good! Feel sorry for those that are suffering because of it though... :unsure:

Probably a certain type of pollen that messes with your mucous membranes that we have in the UK but not in Australia !

It's the big fields of yellow rape seed that does my nut ..

I've been totally heyfever free today thanks to a teaspoon of honey :D

Have a teaspoon neat and because its essentially pollen anyway it makes you immune :thumbsup:

I have been enjoying the smell of fresh cut grass... I love it :D

Out of interest do people taht have been bought up int eh country side have as much cahnce of having hayfever????

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

god damm hayfever and being a farmers son just makes it ironic

I see you and charlie are still online at 1am :lol: You cant sleep either?

Honey works best if it's from local (five mile radius) bees and you can stand the stuff! ;)

My hay-fever's triggered by dander (cat fluff) and tree pollen. I'm now cured of cat triggered hay fever 'cos my mate got a cat and it was impossible not to fuss it, so after a few closed up eyes and streaming nostrils, I got my "cat-fever" fixed.

Can't get the tree pollen hay-fever fixed though. Maybe I'll have to go and hug some trees or something. :)

I'm currently working in Grimsby (near east coast where pollen cloud has come over) and I have to say you really can smell the pollen in the air. My bosses car which is dark blue looks like the honey monster has sneezed on it, it's yellow!

There are also hundreds and hundreds of acres of yellow rape crop fields around here too in the flat land.

I don't suffer from hayfever but those who do should stay away!!

Joe

The yellow stuff is most likely birch this time of year in countries like Russia and Finland, the origin of the cloud. First comes willow, then alder, then birch and then pine. Willow and alder cause mild reactions and aren't so abundant anyway, but birch is something else. I never had an allergy until I moved to Finland and was surrounded by a trillion birch trees which are now opening their leaves. Runny nose, sneezing, a slight daze and eyes that feel like they've got sand in them. The season lasts about three weeks, but rain is effective in gettting it out of the air. Pine is next, but not so many people have a problem with that.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links