Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help With Abs Problem

masterchillen

Hi

I have got a Toyota Carina e 1.8 gs and a couple of weeks ago the ABS warning light came on and it now stays on permanently. I had the brake pads and discs changed after this and the guy that fitted them said the sensors looked fine, but the light is still on!

I have looked for other posts, and tried to reset the ECU, I have pulled out the EFI fuse and disconnected the Battery but still the warning light is on! So i thought I will take it to my local Toyota dealers, they had the car for 1 hour and they said they can not find the fault and they said the sensors were fine! they said it was code 35! and for telling me this information charged me £35 :censor:!

I need help, what could the problem be?

Thanks

Well when i got the light it was two of my abs sensors, apparantly this is not your case. Try finding out what code 35 means,

Here's a full list of Diag Codes:-

DIAGNOSTIC CODES

Check suspect components in order given. Checks consist mainly of a visual inspection and continuity tests.

I had the same problem, could be a couple of things, abs sensors or the abs relay which are the common things to go first. You can test this by locating the diagnostics (DLC) under the bonnet. connect a wire between the Tc and E1 and make sure you take out the short pin from the DLC.

Code 11

Open in solenoid relay circuit. Check actuator wiring harness, solenoid relay, solenoid relay wiring harness and solenoid relay connector.

Code 12

Short in solenoid relay circuit. Check actuator wiring harness, solenoid relay, solenoid relay wiring harness and solenoid relay connector.

Code 13

Open in pump motor relay circuit. Check actuator wiring harness, pump motor relay, pump motor relay wiring harness and pump motor relay connector.

Code 14

Short in pump motor relay circuit. Check actuator wiring harness, pump motor relay, pump motor relay wiring harness and pump motor relay connector.

Code 21

Open or short circuit in solenoid for right front wheel. Check actuator solenoid, wiring harness and connector.

Code 22

Open or short circuit in solenoid for left front wheel. Check actuator solenoid, wiring harness and connector.

Code 23

Open or short circuit in solenoid for right rear wheel. Check actuator solenoid, wiring harness and connector.

Code 24

Open or short circuit in solenoid for left rear wheel. Check actuator solenoid, wiring harness and connector.

Code 31

Malftmnction of right front wheel speed sensor signal. Check speed sensor, sensor rotor, wiring harness and connector.

Code 32

Malfunction of left front wheel speed sensor signal. Check speed sensor, sensor rotor, wiring harness and connector.

Code 33

Malfunction of right rear wheel speed sensor signal. Check speed sensor, sensor rotor, wiring harness and connector.

Code 34

Malfunction of left rear wheel speed sensor signal. Check speed sensor, sensor rotor, wiring harness, and connector.

Code 35

Open in left front or right rear wheel speed sensor circuit. Check speed sensor, sensor rotor, wiring harness and connector.

Code 36

Open in right front or left rear wheel speed sensor circuit. Check speed sensor, sensor rotor, wiring harness and connector.

Code 37

Rear speed sensor rotor malfunction. Check rear sensor rotors.

Code 41

Battery voltage is less than 9.5 volts or more than 16.2 volts. Check Battery and voltage regulator.

Code 51

Actuator pump motor is locked or pump motor circuit open. Check pump motor, pump motor relay, vehicle

Battery, actuator wiring harness, connectors, actuator pump motor circuit and actuator ground bolt.

ABS Light Always On

Malfunction of ABS ECU. Inspect ABS ECU connector for proper installation and undamaged terminals.

Repair as necessary. If connector is okay, temporarily substitute known good ABS ECU. Retest system

To Clear the Codes:

Make sure you replace the short pin from the DLC

Connect a jumper Wire between TC and E1

Press Brake pedal 8 or more times within 3 seconds

ABS light will go out within 3 seconds

:thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

A code 35 ABS fault code on a post 1996 Carina E relates to an open circuit in the right front speed sensor.

• 1 month later...

at work we find abs sensor breakdown in the wires on the front of cars get a ohm meter and check that you get the same reading from sensor`s the one with the lowest reading replaced