Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Thinking Of Changing For A 316ti Se?

albundy

hi iv bin looking at changing for a 316ti se compact its got 18s cruise control traction control full leather ect do you think this would be a right move the thing thats getting me is that its only 115bhp so im loosing a bit of power from my tsport! wot do you all think?? cheers for any ideas

hi iv bin looking at changing for a 316ti se compact its got 18s cruise control traction control full leather ect do you think this would be a right move the thing thats getting me is that its only 115bhp so im loosing a bit of power from my tsport! wot do you all think?? cheers for any ideas

If you have the cash go for the 320d compact,a much better engine and car for the money. Depends what your looking for...sure the bmw will handle well, but that engine is seriously under powered for the weight of the car and surely will be dissapointing over the long term.

you'll lose 75hp!

75HP 75HP!

to me performance and reliability are king. I couldnt give two hoots about sat nav (although i've got it!) leather or cruise control.

I'd keep the CTS any day of the week.

Hi Albundy

I had a early E46 compact 316ti Se from new. The early ones had problems with the coils & other bits. So if it's 51 reg to a 52 I wouldn't bother (a later one would a better bet with the red back lights).

It will out handle & out brake a T Sport by a very long way. The only advantage a T Sport has in a very straight line. The BMW would feel better in general, but you might miss the power at times.

A 320d Compact would be a lot better :thumbsup: .

I've now got another BMW a 120d se, as in the end I missed the handling & proper power steering. It would trash a T Sport down a country road (it handles nearly the same as a Compact, but better still :thumbsup: ). It has 163bhp,but being a diesel I don't miss the extra horses one bit (0-60 in 7.9 sec).

May be you should wait a bit for a one series. If you go down the BMW route.

pb

:wacko:

Hi Albundy

I had a early E46 compact 316ti Se from new. The early ones had problems with the coils & other bits. So if it's 51 reg to a 52 I wouldn't bother (a later one would a better bet with the red back lights).

It will out handle & out brake a T Sport by a very long way. The only advantage a T Sport has in a very straight line. The BMW would feel better in general, but you might miss the power at times.

A 320d Compact would be a lot better :thumbsup: .

I've now got another BMW a 120d se, as in the end I missed the handling & proper power steering. It would trash a T Sport down a country road (it handles nearly the same as a Compact, but better still :thumbsup: ). It has 163bhp,but being a diesel I don't miss the extra horses one bit (0-60 in 7.9 sec).

May be you should wait a bit for a one series. If you go down the BMW route.

pb

:wacko:

A couple of weeks ago, I would have pretty much agreed with everything written here pb but getting a facelift version of the T Sport has altered my opinion.

It's how the car should have been 1st time round.

The revisions to the steering and handling have drastically improved the car and now I'm not so sure that the little BMW would have such a clear advantage in handling.

Enjoy your new car Albundy, whichever you choose.

Snert

The Compact 3-Series' look weird to me - from the lexus lookilike back lights and the weird front.

If you really want a 3-series get a proper one like a 330ci

318ti%20M%20II%20Sportpaket%20topasblau%20003.JPG

VS

01BMW330ci_8_Large.jpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links