Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gen 6 Questions

Special Red

1) Does your passenger side seat go back to its last position or does it reset (for want of a better word) itself, when its been folded down to let some one in the back????

2) Is the sound proofing in the wheel arches rubbish meaning you can hear any stones/gravel that your driving over?

3) Do all gen 6's have a mirror in the drivers side sun blind, as I hate looking at myself when Im driving???

4) Does anyone elses boot open rather quickly????

5) Does anyone have problems with the rubber seals around the lights????

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Special Red

• sotal

• kirst_ie

• daktari

1) Does your passenger side seat go back to its last position or does it reset (for want of a better word) itself, when its been folded down to let some one in the back????

it resets.....well annoying

2) Is the sound proofing in the wheel arches rubbish meaning you can hear any stones/gravel that your driving over?

yup for sure but then mines really low

3) Do all gen 6's have a mirror in the drivers side sun blind, as I hate looking at myself when Im driving???

nope mine doesnt(at least i think not!)

nope....its er normal?!

haha one of them off my main headlights disappeared

- No !Removed! annoying

-correct its crap

-Nope not mine :D

- not since i put a big spoiler on it :)

- Keeps trying to make a break for freedom ? try silicone sealant round the lights then put the rubber back in :D

Yep, the sound proofing in the wheel arches is probably the worst I have heard in a long time. The first time I drove on a gravel I could have sworn myself there were some parts missing.. :lol:

I also have the problem with the rubber seals around the head lights not wanting to stay put. I have to look into that silicone sealant solution proposed by crismillencolin.

Yes this gets on my other halfs nerves as he has to move the seat every time he gets in it

Yes i swear sometimes its hitting the paintwork as it sounds really loud.

Yeah mine has. Now there's a suprise special, now when as there ever been a time that you done like looking at your self???

Yeah! if it didn't have the spoiler on it, it would open all the way.

Yeah i hate them, especially when your washing it, they keep coming off :angry:

sillicon seallent is excellent for the rubber light surronds mine were allways hanging on was getting really fed up with them. Just use a small amount and they hold fine mine have not been a problem since i stuck them about 2 months ago.

Well guys you have made me feel alot better! Thought my car was trying to p!ss me off!!!

Kirsty - Im very pretty and thats why its hard to keep my eyes on the road, I just cant help admiring myself! :lol:

I reckon I could launch a medium sized melon over my house with the force my boot opens!!! :lol:

yep - I think it's good how it shoots forward though - always suprises people!

not noticed - don't really drive on much gravel though

Yes but it's got a plastic flap over the front which you have to lift up - so you only see yourself if you want to

Nope - not really and it seems to be getting slower everytime - I now have to lift it and the struts just help and hold it where I lift to

Used to - and I was telling everyone to use silicone, but I didn't follow my own advice and instead took the lights out and put the rubber in properly and it's never moved since :thumbsup:

Well guys you have made me feel alot better! Thought my car was trying to p!ss me off!!!

Kirsty - Im very pretty and thats why its hard to keep my eyes on the road, I just cant help admiring myself! :lol:

I reckon I could launch a medium sized melon over my house with the force my boot opens!!! :lol:

You've spelt my name WRONG again, even tho it is at the top of my avatar, Doh :lol:

Also you are MALE if you haven't noticed you NOT PRETTY, men are not pretty, they are usally classed as handsome but not pretty :thumbsup:

Im a kind of manly pretty!

Are you saying Im handsome Kirst?????? lol

Mine has no Flap Sotal!!!! should have got an ST!!!

Also does anyone else hurt there @rse when they get in on the big plastic thing around the side of the seat????

So now we know why the gen 6 in lighter than the gen 5 - they left out the sound deadening! :lol:

Yes but it's got a plastic flap over the front which you have to lift up - so you only see yourself if you want to

You mean when you're re-doing your lippy, sotal? :P

Im a kind of manly pretty!

Are you saying Im handsome Kirst?????? lol

Also does anyone else hurt there @rse when they get in on the big plastic thing around the side of the seat????

Your not ugly but your not stunning either :P

How do you hurt your ar5e? You must have a big a5se special. :lol::lol:

Hey you cheeky monkey!

I think its because I 'land' rather than 'place' myself in the car!!!

wow this thread's getting outta hand :D

I blame you for that! Making sensible suggestions an all!! :lol:

Yep - don't you know it :lol: - Maybe it's a facelift model thing? Is yours pre 96?

You mean when you're re-doing your lippy, sotal? :P

Shhhsh :!Removed!: (that's only thursdays anyway :lol: )

Have you got all the facelift features such as:

3 legged spoiler

bonnet spoiler

new bumper

extra sound proofing (not that you'd noticed :lol: )

Just wondering as I know some cars on P got some of the left over parts from before the change.

I've got to say the seat reseting doesn't annoy me though as when it shoots forward it makes it easy for people to get in the back then you move it however far is neccessary back to give the people ehind some leg room. My wife has the seat all the way back so it's not hard to remember where to put it back to!

Have you got all the facelift features such as:

3 legged spoiler

bonnet spoiler

new bumper

extra sound proofing (not that you'd noticed :lol: )

Just wondering as I know some cars on P got some of the left over parts from before the change.

I've got to say the seat reseting doesn't annoy me though as when it shoots forward it makes it easy for people to get in the back then you move it however far is neccessary back to give the people ehind some leg room. My wife has the seat all the way back so it's not hard to remember where to put it back to!

I have 3 legged spoiler, revised bumper, extra soundproofing was obviously a expensive option!!! and I think I have the bonnet spoiler if it this little thing infront of the wipers.

In regards to the seat its the angle of it that irritates not the action of it going forward, its bolt upright!

humm, it must be down to technique!

Its a two handed job, one to pull the lever the other one to guide the back to where you want it!

I know the first time I ever sat in the passenger seat it was too upright for me so I pulled the lever at the side and ended up lying down!

humm, it must be down to technique!

Its a two handed job, one to pull the lever the other one to guide the back to where you want it!

I know the first time I ever sat in the passenger seat it was too upright for me so I pulled the lever at the side and ended up lying down!

Its not technique at all - Celica passenger seats do not return to the position they had previously been in. Every two door I have been in seems to be able to do it so cant see why the little men at Toyota did'nt manage it!!

Its not technique at all - Celica passenger seats do not return to the position they had previously been in. Every two door I have been in seems to be able to do it so cant see why the little men at Toyota did'nt manage it!!

In most other cars the seat doesn't slide at all when you tilt it - just the back moves. ;)

Its still rubbish Mike! I can see the need for the slide motion but still find it as hard as any two door to get out of infact its one of the worst for access.

Its still rubbish Mike! I can see the need for the slide motion but still find it as hard as any two door to get out of infact its one of the worst for access.

Well, if the seat didn't slide it would be even harder! Is it really such a major issue anyway? :blink: Most other cars have more serious flaws than the reseting of the passenger seat!

rarely use the rear seats myself. what does bother me tho is the speed they flip up at when you lift the lever. friend of mine got a headrest traveling 600mph in his face the other day. funny, but still!