Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gen 6 Questions

Special Red

ahh who needs a sunroof :D go JDM and use the air-con instead .

Buy a UK GT4 and get both. :P Then scrap the A/C D`oh!!! :lol:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Special Red

• sotal

• kirst_ie

• daktari

I also noticed that you get that weird noise when its fully open (sunroof) that annoys your ears, however when the sunroof stops half way it seems to stop it!! I thought it was to do with kids heads!

Got to apologise about the sun visor thing specialred - I noticed the other day that you are right there is a mirror on the drivers side and it doesn't have a cover!

It's the focus that's got a cover (oops)

I realised I never use the celica sun visor as if I move it down I can't see a thing as I'm too tall :lol:

I also noticed that you get that weird noise when its fully open (sunroof) that annoys your ears, however when the sunroof stops half way it seems to stop it!! I thought it was to do with kids heads!

I`ve heard that kids heads and indeed small furry creatures make excellent draught excluders. :D

Sotal. How do you get on in the landy being so tall. I used to sort of curl up into a question mark. then pray to god i never hit anything. That steering wheel is mighty close. :yes:

for some reason the landrover doesn't bother me too much. We put 90 seats in it which have more adjustment and are more comfortable - the seats are always as far back as possible. It's definatley a different driving position but I'm quite comfy. When it's cruising along I normally have me arms crossed on top of the steering wheel and lean forward. My legs also aren't over long - I think my body must make up quite a bit of my height rather than my legs so perhaps that helps?

The Landrover did have an overhead storage bit which came out level with where the roof joins the window. That had to come out though as if I ever did hit anything my head would hit smack onto the corner and probably kill me!!

Other than that I don't think I'd be too bothered about hitting anything - just remember not to hit the brakes :lol: then you'd probably never notice! It's like a tank anyway!

Just missing driving really at the moment - got to miss this months outing to the quarry which is annoying and depending on how tomorrows appointment at the fracture clinic goes I might have to miss the one the month after - I'm half tempted to take a load of pain killers before I go so when he pokes it and asks if it hurts I can just say no and hopefully ditch the plaster cast :lol: - I can dream anyway!

for some reason the landrover doesn't bother me too much. We put 90 seats in it which have more adjustment and are more comfortable - the seats are always as far back as possible. It's definatley a different driving position but I'm quite comfy. When it's cruising along I normally have me arms crossed on top of the steering wheel and lean forward. My legs also aren't over long - I think my body must make up quite a bit of my height rather than my legs so perhaps that helps?

The Landrover did have an overhead storage bit which came out level with where the roof joins the window. That had to come out though as if I ever did hit anything my head would hit smack onto the corner and probably kill me!!

Other than that I don't think I'd be too bothered about hitting anything - just remember not to hit the brakes :lol: then you'd probably never notice! It's like a tank anyway!

Just missing driving really at the moment - got to miss this months outing to the quarry which is annoying and depending on how tomorrows appointment at the fracture clinic goes I might have to miss the one the month after - I'm half tempted to take a load of pain killers before I go so when he pokes it and asks if it hurts I can just say no and hopefully ditch the plaster cast :lol: - I can dream anyway!

:lol::lol: "ok sir does it hurt when i do this"

**prod**

"NNNNOOOOOOoooooooooaaarrrggghhhhhh........****....not at all .... honest"

That's the idea :lol: If that fails I might just hobble off instead of going to the plaster room - I just need to drive again!! I'm not bothered about walking - just driving :lol:

!Removed! waste of time that was :(

The hospital didn't have my notes from last week - when I asked why they said it was cause the doctors record their notes onto dictaphones. The recordings then get sent to India where some cheap staff type the notes up and send them back and they haven't received them back yet :(

Didn't even get this plaster cast taken off for them to look at my leg. Although I did show the doctor how I could move it now which he was impressed with and I managed to convince him that it doesn't hurt but he still wanted to keep it on for another week. So as long as everything goes OK I should be free next Tuesday. Not too bad - down from 6-7 weeks to 2 weeks

Ain`t the NHS wonderful. Out sourcing i believe they call it. i`ve got a word for it, but it wont get past the swear filter. :lol: Fingers crossed you get in the driving seat sooner rather than later. :thumbsup:

jus dont rush it too much bud , would be a shame to do more damage to yourself by ripping that cast off before yer fixed up :)

jus dont rush it too much bud , would be a shame to do more damage to yourself by ripping that cast off before yer fixed up :)

Thanks for the advice bud :thumbsup: Just desperate to drive again soon :lol:

Yeah I imagine you're really tempted but don't do it! Well actually, I ripped mine off when I broke a bone in my hand so I can't say much!

Hope you haven't sat in the sun for too long with it on though or you'll look pretty funny in shorts :D

When my mate broke his leg when we were around the age of 16, he had a plaster for, iirc , about 6 months! I remember having to carry him around France when we went over to play rugby ( he obviously couldn't play but went for the beer!) and we got so P****d we managed to lose his crutches, let off a whole pack of those french banger things in my hand (ouch!!), pulled 2 French girls (wasn't difficult :P ) and almost got a kicking off the dad of the kid I was staying with!!! All in the space of a few hours! Oh and my mate thought he could walk on water and ended up in a river :D I spent the rest of the evening throwing up in the french kids' bathroom :D

That reminds me very much of when I last had a cast on my leg. That involved a school trip to France and a lot of booze and a lot of throwing up :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links