Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tsport Vs Zetec S

Maggiore

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sphinktar1988

• Yaris SR Kid

• Mat-O

• Jason.s

He might say all these things, but at least your car wont break...like his :lol:

We've got an 03 Fiesta 1.3 LX, compared to a 1.3 Yaris the Fiesta is dull, less powerful oh and once again, it's got a lot of niggly problems...enough said IMO ;)

on a b-road if you drive the yaris well and you've got all the right equipment you will blow it away completely.

the yaris can embarrass much bigger and better cars. my cousins P1 for example :P :P

still getting used to the MR2, well will be when it gets back from the garage, but once i get the hang of the handling i'll be kickin more butt.

Dagenham Dustbin springs to mind :D

lol at the risk of sounding like a girl racer, i raced a 1.6 fiesta when i had my old clio 1.2 16v.. i kept up with it around the town no problem... the 1.4 16v's didnt even get a look in - they all seem so dead and lifeless. The yaris is slightly more responsive than my clio was.. but it was nippier than normal and died after 60! I dont think there would be much in it tho, certainly not enough to worry me. Who cares anyway i think everyone will agree u have the better car :D

if it is a quick fiesta it only cause yamaha yes jap had a hand in designing the cylinder head . :thumbsup: guess who designed the corolla t sport head yes yamaha!!!!!!say no more.....i have a corolla compressor which doesnt need a super chip it,l beat it standard

• 11 months later...

You will have to just have a track race, this forum will be biased, when I was looking at Zetec S's I went onto their forum and they have a thread exactly like this but they are all going on about how (regardless of fact's like 0-60 time) they can beat T-Sports round corners etc. etc.

We all know T-Sport's are much nicer and better built anyway (although they all seem to know the ZS's are much nicer and better built too...)

Wow - old thread but still just as relevant. I suppose it depends which zetec-s we're talking about. There's the mk5 petrol, the mk6 petrol and the mk6 diesel. I have no idea about the diesel, but I believe the engine in the mk5 and mk6 petrols is the same but obviously the mk6 (the more sturdy 2002-on shape) will weigh a lot more than the mk5 and so make it slower. I've driven a mk5 zetec-s and once owned a fiesta with exactly the same engine as the zetec-s and it felt quick, I just don't think it actually was as quick as the t-sport. The fiesta was still a hoot to drive though.

Zetec S 1.6 100PS 5-speed manual: 0-60 9.9 seconds; top speed 114 mph;

ST 2.0 150PS 5-speed manual: 0-60 7.9 seconds; top speed 129 mph;

Fiesta TDCI 1.6 90PS 5-speed manual: 0-60 11.2 seconds; top speed 112 mph;

Fusion TDCI 1.6 90PS 5-speed manual: 0-60 12.2 seconds; top speed 109 mph;

:thumbsup:

Looking at those figures the T Sport in comparison comes out with respectable performance.

yeah if SR kid can keep up with one a t sport will p**s all over it :)

i thought my SR was a shifty lil thing till i raced a T-sport

and got my A-R-*-E handed to me :)

Not being biased (well yeah of course)

I propose all yaris t sporters to take on all chavs in their super dupper chipped 9 times fiesta shopping trolleys! (ON A TRACK OF COURSE)

But being honest i don't think you guys need to worry. I think your main competition is the pug 106 GTi and saxo vts?

Talking about which whats the score on those cars vs the T Sport Yaris?

My sis is after the 106 Gti! She thinks she might have a chance against me in the Corolla T Sport!

I don't think we'd have too much of a chance against a 106 GTi may keep up on a good day, and probably no chance against a VTS.

I don't think we'd have too much of a chance against a 106 GTi may keep up on a good day, and probably no chance against a VTS.

They've got the exact same engine and weigh almost the same so I don't know what you're talking about. :wacko:

By the way, they'd beat us. :thumbsup:

I've been looking around various sites and the 0-60 times are different on them all with the saxo being under 8 seconds and the 106 being just over 8. Although that may be to do with the gearbox though (I don't know if they are different), aparently all saxo's can do 60 in second gear to improve their time.

I remember reading a long time ago that the 106GTi 0-60 time was recorded with a passenger in the car, so no wonder the book figure is slightly slower to 60 than the vts. Maybe a Peugeot urban myth though!

But...both of them would leave a t-sport no bother. The t-sport is a good little car but its really not that fast.

Yeah I would imagine so, and so they should do really, as they are much higher insurance groups. I think that the TS is the fastest in the group 7-8 range of cars, except the Citreon C2 VTS which will do 0-60 in 8 seconds, and is group 8. I really don't like the way they look though, so for my very biased and unreasonable opinion; the Yaris wins the group.

the 106 is a far better handling car than the vts. parkers says 0 - 60 is 8.4 but i think its quicker than that

except the Citreon C2 VTS which will do 0-60 in 8 seconds, and is group 8.

Alot is dependant on the driver of course. I've seen off a C2 GT which has the same engine as a VTS. :D

except the Citreon C2 VTS which will do 0-60 in 8 seconds, and is group 8.

Alot is dependant on the driver of course. I've seen off a C2 GT which has the same engine as a VTS. :D

I hate to p*** on your chips but a GT has the same engine as the VTR, not the VTS. The main difference to the VTR though is that the GT has a manual gearbox as opposed to that Sensodrive rubbish. Book figure for the GT 0-60 is 9.5, so it's no surprise to hear that a t-sport beat one. You (or rather us, seeing as I own a t-sport) would be no match for a C2 VTS.

How dare you p*** on my chips? :P

Cheers for clearing that up. It wasn't even that far behind either! :thumbsup:

yea i took my chances at the lights with a civic 1.6 jordon (he didnt mention he had a de-cat and chip) and a 1.6 gti

kept up for a bout 3...............miliseconds haha

the gti was winning till he lost control and binned it backwards in to a roundabout sign writing it off after 1 month :( silly boy

but yea gti and vts would rape the t sport

even without the decat and chip the jordan would spank even a tsport all upside its head. if it it didnt win in a race it`d still win because of the sexy interior lol

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links