Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tsport Vs Zetec S

Maggiore

Good topic mate,

I couldn't even see a 2.0 ST fiesta sticking with a well driven T Sport down a tight B Road, he wouldn't have a hope.

Regards

Yumma

Your completely wrong IMO, i remember topgear reviewing the Fiesta ST and Clio 182 back to back and they said that the Fiesta was a better handling car in their opinion....Even the wee 1.4 Zetecs in the newer models, while dead still handle very, very well. The Clio 182 is arguably the best handling FWD car of the last few years, so for Topgear to say that the Fiesta was better again says something..

My dad had a Zetec Focus when they first came out, and the handling on that was gobsmacking for a family car....i remember my mate drove it and he went and bought a Focus the next day...all fords handle very well...even the kas are a hoot! The handling on the Focus was far better than my t-sport...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sphinktar1988

• Yaris SR Kid

• Mat-O

• Jason.s

Fair enough, but most of this is down to the driver. I test drove a focus 2.0 zetec and thought it was pants. I've owned a Civic Type R EP3, Toyota Corolla GT Coupe AE86 (Levin) and Clio Sport 172, all proper enthusiasts hot hatches. Fords are dull and lifeless by comparison. I reckon the suppleness of suspension and neutral handling of a TS would keep it competitive with most over damped hot hatches with overly harsh rides down a typical rutted and bumpy twisty back road.

If either car was driven by a wrong-un then they'd get beaten by the Stig in a Hyundai Atoz.

As per the main post the TS would monster a Zetec S Fiesta all day every day.

As regards, someone saying they saw 145mph on the speedo they are full of crap. Best bet is to drive in top gear at a steady 2000 rpm, divide the actual speed as registered via reliable sat nav by 2. This gives exact speed ber 1000 rpm in top, then multiply this speed by the revs available to the rev limiter (say 6.5 which takes you to red line), this give a theoretical top speed if drag and wind resistance was not an issue. Most cars top out at peak torque/power as they can't overcome wind resistance and some cars actually max out in 4th gear as they can hit the limiter in that gear but actually can't make enough power to accelorate or maintain the same speed in top. Otherwise find a quiet motorway and try for a Vmax run but be prepared to loose your licence!

yumma

Fair enough, but most of this is down to the driver. I test drove a focus 2.0 zetec and thought it was pants. I've owned a Civic Type R EP3, Toyota Corolla GT Coupe AE86 (Levin) and Clio Sport 172, all proper enthusiasts hot hatches. Fords are dull and lifeless by comparison. I reckon the suppleness of suspension and neutral handling of a TS would keep it competitive with most over damped hot hatches with overly harsh rides down a typical rutted and bumpy twisty back road.

If either car was driven by a wrong-un then they'd get beaten by the Stig in a Hyundai Atoz.

As per the main post the TS would monster a Zetec S Fiesta all day every day.

As regards, someone saying they saw 145mph on the speedo they are full of crap. Best bet is to drive in top gear at a steady 2000 rpm, divide the actual speed as registered via reliable sat nav by 2. This gives exact speed ber 1000 rpm in top, then multiply this speed by the revs available to the rev limiter (say 6.5 which takes you to red line), this give a theoretical top speed if drag and wind resistance was not an issue. Most cars top out at peak torque/power as they can't overcome wind resistance and some cars actually max out in 4th gear as they can hit the limiter in that gear but actually can't make enough power to accelorate or maintain the same speed in top. Otherwise find a quiet motorway and try for a Vmax run but be prepared to loose your licence!

yumma

Disagree about the Focus 2.0 Zetec being pants, sure the 2.0 isnt a rocket, but the handling and steering feel are superb for what it is.....As for Fords are dull and lifeless in comparison to your previous cars...i think your wrong...what about drivers cars like the Focus RS, Focus ST and Racing Puma?? My mate had a facelift EP3 CTR from new and said that his previous Focus was a better handling car and it had much better steering feel although the Civic was night and day quicker..

I'm confused to how a Yaris TS would monster a Zetec S...they both have the same power and probably weigh about the same, so they arent going to hugely different performance wise and the ford is a cracking handling car (same chassis as Ford Puma)

As said before, the Yaris TS is a much nicer car...but i think some people need to take their blinkers off... :P ;)

each to their own i spose !

personaly if i seen a fiesta trying his luck st or whatever it is, i would ignore him, and like to race !

also im tempted to sell my rolla and get a yaris t sport so both me and the mrs can get insured on it, see what happens :)

What difference does it make if the Yaris gets beat by a fiesta?!.

Overall looks,handling,etc, the Yaris can stand proud.

And.....ITS DIFFERENT AND FUN!!!.

Yeah .Chris and Blackcts you keep telling yourselves the Yaris is rubbish, whatever. The Yaris is a damned good car, better than most without doubt, sure it's not fantastic but come on - against a Fiesta it's fantastic. And what the hell are you doing on this forum anyway? Shouldn't you all be on the 'Ford lovers' forum or something? Maybe some people look for different things from thier cars so I can understand opinions but frankly I wouldn't even rise to the bait of a fiesta, it just isn't worth the fuel.

Hey .chris what do you drive? and equally what have you driven, I'm not meaning to insult you but I can not get where you are coming from, have you even driven a Yaris T Sport?

lol I have 2!

A T3 and a Tsport :D

I was jumping in to take the tea and biscuits.. I love my lil tpot!

Just this thread is getting too serious lol.

Who cares what its faster then etc. As long as YOU enjoy the car thats the main thing. :group-cuddles:

:rolleyes: i think this thread has run its course.......

....and its time to close it ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links