Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ep82 Cv Joint Problems!

SleepGT

Wondering if anyone out there can help me, my EP82 Starlet GT(ABS Model) makes a strange knocking noise when turning right, it appears to be coming from the nearside. Apparently this is caused by a problem with the CV Joint and ive been told Toyota charge crazy money for the part needed, as they only sell the complete driveshaft. Does anybody know of somewhere i can get hold of a resonably priced CV Joint in or around the Manchester area?

You could get your CV joint rebuilt...

Thanx mate, somebody suggested that but I was told it will cost around £150; is that reasonable?

that would be a fully reconditioned driveshaft, both inner and outer cv joints...

Do u reckon that thats the best thing to do? I know that a company called Camskill sell the outer boot kit for £10, but would i be better off getting the whole thing reconditioned? Thanx for your help by the way, much appreciated :thumbsup:

If the cv joint is clicking then changing the boot won't do any good. Either get a secondhand one which may be a bit better than yours, or get yours rebuilt, or buy a new one from Toyota.

OK il try to locate a second hand one(somehow i doubt i will lol) if not then it looks like a rebuild it is. Thanks again for the advice it was much needed :thumbsup:

I work in a jap import garage in Dublin and the place we get parts from sells them for €150 (£104) . If you are really stuck I could get you one and send it over but I'm sure if we have them in Ireland then you definately have them over there.

Oh forgot to say they are brand new spurious one's

Oh right, well i'll definately consider that option thanks because even with the postage costs it'll probably work out cheaper than a rebuild. Like you said though there must be somebody who sells them in the north west, its just locating them thats the hard part: I tried Google, eBay, Yellow Pages.....No Luck :(

That was great thanx, used the page to locate a dealer called Andrew Page Ltd.: They said they dont supply the driveshaft but they can do me a recon for £100 so should be back on the road soon...

Iv lined up a second hand driveshaft for £60, will i be able to adapt the cv joints to fit mine as i get the impression that the driveshafts/cv joints are different on ABS/non-ABS models? Also checked out Jay's garage on GTTurbo, i wish i knew about it earlier loads of bargains to be had!! Nice one for that one guys :thumbsup: