Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Uninsured Drivers. Untaxed Cars

daktari

Would you inform on these.  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Uninsured driver or Untaxed cars

• Yes. It`s the right thing to do.
    • No. It`s for the police to do
    • Not sure.

If you knew someone was uninsured would you inform the Police? Some think it would be sneaky. But these people cause untold misery to thousands of people a year. Not to mention the cost, which we the honest, law abiding (Mostly) motorists have to shoulder the burden of.

Likewise. Untaxed cars. Are they just hard up? In which case they shouldn`t have a car. Or has the car no insurance and/or MOT?

I know i would inform. :yes:

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Special Red

• Dreamblaze

• Jinxed

• Bibbs

I very almost did when my brother was driving round uninsured, un-MOT'd and untaxed.... the only thing that stopped me was my Mum begging me not to telling me he'd sort himself out.... and she was right, he did. If he hadn't, I probably would have done eventually - I do everything by the book, I expect my brother to as well.

And if that makes me harsh, well tough! I'd rather shop someone than them drive around uninsured and in a car that could be un-roadworthy.... lethal cocktail if you ask me....

It kinda depends.......

I have driven cars with no MOt over brief periods, but I know if a car is safe of not, I have never driven a car that was blatantly unsafe to drive! I have also driven cars with no tax (why tax half way through a month? lol) I figure thats no biggie either as we already pay enough tax with fuel!! (esecially us supra drivers :D)

I have always been insured though... I have been hit by someone uninsured and they did £3k worth of damage to my pride and joy soarer TT, it tooks months to get the money to get it fixed!!

If the car has no current tax or MOT or both then your insurance is void cus the car is not road legal and therefore shouldn't be driven.

im not keen on 'snitches' but if i knew some one was taking the p**s then maybe

Already have ratted out a whole familly...

n they damn well deserved it also, 3 vehicles all no tax for the last 18 months and DVLA reckoning that 2 of them are sorned.

but....

the DVLA reckon it was the polices job and told me to contact them, and the police reckon its the DVLAs job and told me to contact them, then the day after the police start pulling cars for no tax, mot, insurance down the road and leave these monkeys alone. If they have an accident .... aint gonna be good for the poor people they hit. n Neither the police nor the DVLA care one jot. go figure huh. maybe this is why its becoming more prevalent

Already have ratted out a whole familly...

n they damn well deserved it also, 3 vehicles all no tax for the last 18 months and DVLA reckoning that 2 of them are sorned.

but....

the DVLA reckon it was the polices job and told me to contact them, and the police reckon its the DVLAs job and told me to contact them, then the day after the police start pulling cars for no tax, mot, insurance down the road and leave these monkeys alone. If they have an accident .... aint gonna be good for the poor people they hit. n Neither the police nor the DVLA care one jot. go figure huh. maybe this is why its becoming more prevalent

Second that!! the amount of hit and run's we have on the buses in a week cos of no insurance is unreal :ffs:

The best thing is that now 99% of our buses have cctv so we record their cars & that for the Police to see

I voted for yes, however there was a girl I used to work with who was a learner and regularly drove 5 minutes home from work alone before she'd passed her test which was illegal & I never said a word about it to anyone :!Removed!:

Not to mention the cost, which we the honest, law abiding (Mostly) motorists have to shoulder the burden of.

You think that if they all got insured, the tax/insurance would drop? You are wrong ;)

I read (or saw) last night 33% of young drivers don't have either ..

No insurance... Definitely report them.

No tax / MOT is a bit more difficult. If they're taking the ***** then I'll report them too, if its a quick ride out to get parts for the car so you can fix it and then MOT it, that's a bit different. Their insurance will still cover them for any damage they do to 3rd parties if they haven't got tax / MOT and if they wreck their own car in the process, that's their lookout.

Dam right, at the end of the day they are a big factor as to why insurance costs so much nowadays...

If you dont have the dollar to drive then get the bus....

Too right I would! So it hits someone and they are injured and off work for a long period. A bit of compensation would help!

More importantly though, if they are happy to disregard tax and/or insurance they're probably just as cavalier in other matters.

If the car has no current tax or MOT or both then your insurance is void cus the car is not road legal and therefore shouldn't be driven.

Unless you have traders insurance and trade plates ;)

I probably would for no insurance or tax.

MOT - dunno. Hopefully with the new system it'll cut down on unfit road cars driving round britain's roads, but that's hopefull...

Not to mention the cost, which we the honest, law abiding (Mostly) motorists have to shoulder the burden of.

You think that if they all got insured, the tax/insurance would drop? You are wrong ;)

I read (or saw) last night 33% of young drivers don't have either ..

i saw that too on the news, 18-20 year old catagory they took.

i did report someone once. someone went into the back of me (little damage) in my last car. pulled over to inspect and they were foreign and said they had no insurance, looked over at the tax and it had expired. i demanded some money off them to compensate what they had done to my car. i took their license plate and they home address details and gave it to the police. if they had knocked someone down instead of hitting me, it would have been worse.

im not keen on 'snitches' but if i knew some one was taking the p**s then maybe

Same here :yes:

I haven't answered cause it depends,

If the person in question hasn't got anything (insurance, tax or MOT) then yes I would report it but then how would I know?

As for just MOT again I don't think I would know

As for Tax probably not - just depends if they pee me off or not! I very nearly reported a car for not having tax - it was parked on the pavement right outside our house for about 3 weeks and hadn't been taxed for 6 months. If there had been an anonymous number you could call etc then I would have done - but it was the effort of finding who to ring etc that put me off. Then the car just disappeared one day and it's not been seen around our house since :wacko:

I hate people who grass, end of the day you are going to make NO difference to premiums!!!

The real problem is that insurance is SO expensive for young drivers (especially men)... THIS IS THE REASON that so many young people don't bother with insurance, often its cheaper just to pay the fine when you get done for not having insurance!!!!

If all those people got insurance, the insurance companies WOULD NOT pass the benefits on to you... They are capitalists, nothing more or less than that!

Personally, I am insured, taxed and MOTed... But occasionally I've driven a car with no tax when I've not been able to get to the PO in time, or I've driven a car home with no MOT after purchase knowing that its fine to drive it (mechanically)

If you grass someone up for having no TAX or whatever, who knows how that my affect their kids etc if they are the unable to go to work and unable to earn any money, why should you have the right to make that decision for them?

Leave it to the police guys, there are tax cameras, and an MOT database....

In a heartbeat :yes:

As far as not having an MOT (excluding trade plates), ALL insurances would be void anyway.

I've snitched on someone before for having no tax or insurance, when the police caught up with him they also found 2 bald tyres :D He was then banned :)

I hate people who grass, end of the day you are going to make NO difference to premiums!!!

The real problem is that insurance is SO expensive for young drivers (especially men)... THIS IS THE REASON that so many young people don't bother with insurance, often its cheaper just to pay the fine when you get done for not having insurance!!!!

If all those people got insurance, the insurance companies WOULD NOT pass the benefits on to you... They are capitalists, nothing more or less than that!

Personally, I am insured, taxed and MOTed... But occasionally I've driven a car with no tax when I've not been able to get to the PO in time, or I've driven a car home with no MOT after purchase knowing that its fine to drive it (mechanically)

If you grass someone up for having no TAX or whatever, who knows how that my affect their kids etc if they are the unable to go to work and unable to earn any money, why should you have the right to make that decision for them?

Leave it to the police guys, there are tax cameras, and an MOT database....

If an uninsured driver hit you causing X thousand pounds damage to your car leaving you the bill would you have the same attitude?

If everyone was insured of course the premiums would go down - sure the difference would be in there favour as there out to make a profit but dont you think there would be a bigger price-war between the insurance companies?

If an uninsured driver hit you causing X thousand pounds damage to your car leaving you the bill would you have the same attitude?

If everyone was insured of course the premiums would go down - sure the difference would be in there favour as there out to make a profit but dont you think there would be a bigger price-war between the insurance companies?

I'd stitch them, if they can't afford to "feed their kids" they shouldn't be driving a car untaxed.

I can't afford a Porsche, does that mean should just steal one?

If I can't afford to run a car, I shouldn't be driving one.

And if you *really* think the premiums would go down, I think you are out of touch with that insurance companies are there to do .. "profit" ..

I'd stitch them, if they can't afford to "feed their kids" they shouldn't be driving a car untaxed.

I can't afford a Porsche, does that mean should just steal one?

If I can't afford to run a car, I shouldn't be driving one.

And if you *really* think the premiums would go down, I think you are out of touch with that insurance companies are there to do .. "profit" ..

But its just the Free Market at the end of the day - bearing in mind I'm talking about if everyone was insured - not just a few thousand more.....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links