Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Careful Now When Buying Cars!

KidKoala

Taken from 300zx website

be carefull lads theres alot of **** happening around these days,

in other words anything for money, ill tell you why,me and 2 lads went out to buy a lexus is200 from slough last thursday as im from leeds. with a landline number and a pay as you go mobile number advertised, we went down as it sounded quite cheep and genuine, when we got there (please note that the lads selling the car wanted cash as they told us they dont have a bank accountfor a cheque or bankers draft)the lad told us to meet at a certain place as we parked up 3 black lads came with guns and demanded our money off us, we had a brawl and one of them fired missing my friend from inches, but there was too much shouting going on and they fled emty handed we notified the police and they told us that theyve already struck some other lads from middlesborough but also fled emty handed,the cars are advertised as trade and private and eyecathching prices as far as i know maybe more the cars advertised are a HONDA S2000 x reg, BMW m3 cab in silver 51 reg,a AUDI TT, and a lexus is200 y reg all from slough(london) what they are doing is telling people to come down with cash and then pinning them at gun point, COULD ANYONE PLEASE MAIL THIS THREAD TO OTHER CLUBS ETC as i dont want anyone to be put in my shoes as these cars are advertised above 10k alot of cash, one more thing the guy who is selling the car is called KHAN(well hes advertised as khan in the adverts on the net)when you phone him he is sweet and sounds very genuine, my advise make sure if there is a landline number someone picks it up, and the cars that these people have advertised dont exist please spread this advert all over the net cheers

Is this a bit old .. I'd heard exactly the same story a few years back ..

A good reminder tho.. I got asked to meet someone the other night.. wanted me to go meet them somewhere other than my house (i'm selling my car). Not sure if it was dodgy or not as never heard back from them.. :angry:

Funny... I've not read about this at all in the Slough papers and yes, it's identical to a story a while back, although the location has been changed.

If anyone's stupid enough to ignore the constant warnings and travel to an unknown location - other than a seller's home address with a large amount of cash for a car they've not seen, and only spoken to the person over the phone from an ad then they are crazy.

I have only had one experience of a seller offering to meet me away from their home address - and that was a car club member who offered to drive to me so I could look at the car one weekend as he would be in the area. Very nice chap.

Yeah.. if I was buying I'd like to know that the car was registered to the sellers address..

I'd *never* take cash to see a car for the first time.

Take a small amount (£200) as a deposit, and then meet the owner at their place to pay the rest (and check the V5 address etc).

If you can't see it at their place, meet them somewhere public, during the day and take friends/family.

That just sounds like a night out in nottingham!

The alarm bells should of been ringing at "please note that the lads selling the car wanted cash as they told us they dont have a bank accountfor a cheque or bankers draft" bit, if that was the case how the hell did they buy the car in the first place?

Who these days doesnt have a bank account? :unsure:

Alarm bells would have been ringing for me - never take a wad of cash with you to view and also never agree to a viewing away from the sellers home.... its all common sense really

Last tiem I wen to go and look at a car, I bought the cash along, it saves the whole deposit, ****** about polave, you like it, you buy it.... I also find wavinga lot of cash under someones nose is a very powerfull bargaining tool!!!

I only ever meet people at a home addresss though....

I only ever meet people at a home addresss though....

Yeah. I knew a woman like that.... Saucy Sadie i think her name was. :lol:

Yeah. I knew a woman like that.... Saucy Sadie i think her name was. :lol:

lol:

On a serious note however you should ALWAYS remain cautious - as a buyer and seller....!

i have heard of 'potential buyers' coming to view cars at peoples addresses and the cars going missing the same night....!

Rash.

yeah, who'd take cash ..

gallery_5600_18_1118702893.jpg

Ben on his way to McDonald's...

Ben on his way to McDonald's...

240,000 chicken McNuggets please.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links