Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dvla Announcement

jaxx

In order to assist other motorists in identifying potentially dangerous drivers, it's now compulsory for anyone with a lower than average driving ability to display a warning flag

The flag (comprising of a red cross on a white background) will be attached to the top of at least one door of their vehicle. For drivers of exceptionally low ability, additional flags are required.

example below:

longslimGM.JPG

The DVLA seem to make this announcement about every two years

I think those :censor: things should be banned! Had to dodge several flags on the road tonight coming back from work. <_<

I think those :censor: things should be banned! Had to dodge several flags on the road tonight coming back from work. <_<

silly girl :rolleyes: your supposed to run them over so they cant come back + pick em up :P

Yeah I've seen one fly off and into the road.... heaven knows what would happen if there was another car behind.... :rolleyes:

Loads of people down our road have them though... obviously tells you something about our area.... :lol::lol:

silly girl :rolleyes: your supposed to run them over so they cant come back + pick em up :P

Hehe don't worry, a couple of cars got there before me :P

funnily enough there aren't many of them up here :D

A

Passed by a tipper lorry on M11 this morning with full size St George flag attached to pole ducked taped to rear panel.... :eek::eek::eek: If it came off...God knows how anyone could of missed being blinded by it....

Also seen a convertable with them on rear quarter windows...Now call me curious..but if the dimwit puts the roof down.... :huh::eek::angry::lol::lol::lol:

most of our engineers have them on their company vehicles they even put one on my vehicle but i soon took it off as i already have a England flag tattooed on my arm

Haha that's good, I had one for my first Yaris, but I havent been tempted to put it on this one....loads of people have them here too, especially one on each window! :o

Anyone else noticed lots of people have got the stickers now aswell, and instead of putting them on there windows, they are slapping them on the bonnet & rear quarter?

Still can't beat some comedy Pikey with their ingenious use of red insulation tape all over there car to make the flag. :lol:

Anyone else noticed lots of people have got the stickers now aswell, and instead of putting them on there windows, they are slapping them on the bonnet & rear quarter?

Still can't beat some comedy Pikey with their ingenious use of red insulation tape all over there car to make the flag. :lol:

Yeah, I've noticed that too. I can't help but think; "Eek, the paintwork!!" mind you they're normally found on 300 quid bangers so I suppose it makes sense :laughing:

Yeah, I've noticed that too. I can't help but think; "Eek, the paintwork!!" mind you they're normally found on 300 quid bangers so I suppose it makes sense :laughing:

Paint work ...... it's normally just holding the car together ;)

Paint work ...... it's normally just holding the car together ;)

True! Hehe.

Ahhhh it its that time of year again, the Georges cross has been taken down and replaced with a union flag :lol:

I think your comment should have read:

silly girl :rolleyes: your supposed to run THEM over

Run over the fans, then they'll be no flags. Simple solution.

You should see the people driving who have these flags round my way... I'd have to try two or three times in my MR2!! I'd doubt they'd give me the chance. Scary people... :laughing:

I'm a football fan and I'm English, however I don't feel the need to fly a flag off my car 2,3,4,5weeks before the tournament, in England!

Maybe if I was actually going to an away game I would.

I have seen a van with four flags on it. What is the point?

Why not paint a red cross on the white van to finish it off

i can beat that i have seen a Renault Espace with 6 flags on it :blink: Now thats just stupid the police need to stop the driver and make them remove some of them :thumbsup:

jerry!!