Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Starlet Turbo 4efte Pistons

threepot

Trying to source some pistons from a 4efte in good condition. Any one got any ideas?

Rang a few breakers but nothing, i'm looking for a guy with a garage/garden full of engines and bits. Do you know one?!

andrew (toyotasera.co.uk) has millions of bits mate.

but i dont think he'll have some fte pistons tbh.

there was some on eBay the last time i looked... ask around on the starlet forums as i know someone on the uk forum found a gt turbo at a breakers yard the other day.

indeed i saw a few on eBay the other day, was tempted to get them. check on tgtt matt, or eBay...ill keep a lookout for you

Did ask andrew as I thought he'd only have 5efhe stuff, and 4efte stuff for himself.

Someone must have an engine with a knackard crank or head?

sorry, no 4e-fte pistons. people upgrade to forged, so you may find some, however the reason for going forged is sometimes piston failure in the first place.

My worries with buying any secondhand car parts Andrew, if it was in so good condition whats it doing in bits!

Someone on an alternative starlet forum has offered me his stock set as upgrading to forged in a couple of weeks. I like the sound of that.

problem is, removing the piston from the rod isn't as easy. The gudgeon pin is not held in with pins (on the 5e-fhe anyway), so the rod needs to be heated to tap out the pin.

Obviously care has to be taken with this process to avoid damaging the piston - careful supporting is necessary, and careful application of pressure - not smacking it with a hammer!

I think i'd be best buying someones complete pistons and rods, then get my man do it.

Yes thats the safest way.

• 2 weeks later...

I think i'd be best buying someones complete pistons and rods, then get my man do it.

Hi, a friend of mine is having the exact same problem, but he hasnt been able to find any parts for his engine, used or new.... can you please tell me where did you find the pistons??? thanks a lot!!!!! :thumbsup:

You got to hang around the starlet forum, try and blend in, wear cammoflage.

Some chap from sports toyota breakers sorted me out.

You'll find a set if you send enough PM's to people ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I am also after a set of 4EFTE pistons, dont really want to pay out for the forged ones just yet, just want to get the stock ones for now, im rebuilding my 4efe and turning it into a 4efte

I also need a oil filter relocator thingy that makes room for the turbo, if anyone can point me in the right direction for either of these parts it would be a great help.