Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dump Valve Gt Four

polo6120

Hi Guys,

I have just bought an import celica GT four ST205. I was wondering does anyone know what is the best dump valve to put on. Or does anyone know what is the best thing to do?

Thanks for your help.

Firstly, welcome to the club :thumbsup:

Nice choice of car, got one myself a month ago :D

I'm also currently considering a dump valve, a lot of people recommend the HKS SSQV, which are around £250ish. I've been in a GT4 with one fitted and it is very loud, and sounds really nice :yes:

Finally, get some pics up of your 4! :D :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, to fit a dump valve, do you block off the recirc valve or remove ir comletely

Also does the st205 have an air flow meter, getting confused with all different types of dv's for sale, and some for afm's and some not.

Hi, to fit a dump valve, do you block off the recirc valve or remove ir comletely

Also does the st205 have an air flow meter, getting confused with all different types of dv's for sale, and some for afm's and some not.

Just remove the stock recirc dump valve and connect the new one directly to the chargecooler port.

No the ST205 doesn't have a air flow meter. It runs from the MAP sensor and throttle position sensor.

sard r2d2 sound mint

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SARD-R2D2-BLOW-OFF-V...1QQcmdZViewItem

79-99 it will be with you in 2 days , you do need a length of hose 28mm iirc to connect it or use the stock pipe cut up.

i had 2 from this ebayer and they are very good , you can track it into the uk via fed ex

sard r2d2 sound mint

Do you think they sound better than the HKS SSQV?

:thumbsup:

if you fit an aftermarket dump valve... leave the standard one on but not connected... this way you dont have to blank off where it was attached ;)

Anyone got a picture of were it goes, think I know where the standard recirc valve is.

Is it literally in the pipe from the chargecooler, seems to be the only place I can think of.

Richie K

i was told fit a wastegate the other day can someone enlighten me

dont waste ur money buying a Blitz SS or a Hks SSQ..... buy a copy for 50 quid off eBay.

i bought both off eBay to c what they were like and stripped them down alongside an original Blitz SS and HKS SSQ, the results r amazing.....

the Blitz weighs the same, has the same spring pressure and all parts r like for like, it just aint got the Blitz logo on.

the HKS seems to have a diff finish on the outta casing and no logo, but spring pressure and all internal parts r the same.

i have a HKS SSQ copy fitted and its great :)

i was told fit a wastegate the other day can someone enlighten me

A wastegate is what diverts exhaust gases away from the turbo to hold preset levels of boost, a dump valve is what releases excess charge when throttle is closed off to prevent compressor surge.

You already have a wastegate built into your turbo, whoever told you probably ment a dump valve also called blow-off valves

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links