Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sr Engine Light

Chrissie

Hey i got a 1.3 SR a few weeks ago, and after a little bit the engine light come on. I took it to the garage and then 10 mins after leaving it come back on again after they had put in a new air filter into the engine. i then took it in again when the light had come back on and they couldn't find out what was wrong. Any ideas??? :help:

Hey i got a 1.3 SR a few weeks ago, and after a little bit the engine light come on. I took it to the garage and then 10 mins after leaving it come back on again after they had put in a new air filter into the engine. i then took it in again when the light had come back on and they couldn't find out what was wrong. Any ideas??? :help:

Did the car come with any kind of used vehicle guarantee from the garage? If so, I would keep on at them until it gets fixed. You can't carry on driving with an intermittant engine light!!

Hope you get it sorted :)

Speaking from a bad experience, I'd go to Mr.T and get the mechanics to diagnose the Error Warning Code ASAP.

Warning though, some garages will charge £94 for the work (which involves hardly any hardship to them). I took mine to Guildford where they did it for £15.00ish - Excellent service. Although most Independent garages have a ODBII code reader so you may be able to get codes cheaper or for free. Alternatively get your own OBDII reader - £50 on eBay. Toyota do have some codes that only the garages can diagnose accurately.

Don't leave it and delay getting fixed. I buggered up my VVTi through not sorting out sooner and it cost me £500 to fix. Where'as if I'd got a simple £90 job done if sorted when warning light first came on. Big Doh :crybaby:

engine lights will come up with a basic obd 2 reader ive got one it tells me cat issues etc, but doesnt pick up the abs faults

at a guess somethings damp ie a sensor etc, try reseting the ecu by disconnecting the Battery for 20 mins and it may cure it

Depending on the age of your motor, it could be a faulty air flow meter. The Toyota dealer should know this as a bulletin on the Dealer Intranet service advises technicians to check the build date code which is 'burnt' into the meter.

well i took it in again today and looks liek its one of the sensors and is gonna be 180 to repair (good thing i have warrenty) but the bloke doesnt want me to do it, so i have to take it back to the dealer and get them to do it... Looks like it was silly problem

What does the OBDII stand for?

Cheers guys

OBD stands for OnBoard Diagnostics. The II refers to the release, which applies to most post Year 2000 vehicles. Some earlier models do have OBDII capability however.