Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toucan's New Sales Tactics...

TheNissanMan

What a bunch of muppets...

I registered for TPS and have confirmed I have an active account so not to get nuisance calls, yet I have just recieved a call from a muppet in India asking for an obviously false name before stating that he was calling from BT as they were running two lines concurrently with the same telephone number!!

Not being as thick as a plank I pushed him with yes or no answers until he admitted he wasn't from BT and got Toucan's name, calling non TPS customers isn't on anyway but blatantly lying down the phone to try and mislead customers into a sale must be illegal surely??

I phoned toucan on their uk freephone number and surprisingly no managers were available, is there anything I can do apart from make a complaint to the TPS service and directly to the ICO ??

Rant over, now music up and get ready for tonights date

Small claims court? you can claim for your time being wasted and the time taken to go to work (loss of wage upto £50)

Hmm could be interesting Toucan is a UK based company with callcentres in the uk as well as overseas

Small claims court? you can claim for your time being wasted and the time taken to go to work (loss of wage upto £50)

what and waste even more of your time for 50p :lol::lol::lol:

Considering, that if you take a case forward, it costs you £80 in the first place, so even if you win, you're £30 out of pocket... :D

Probably totally unrelated but I had a really strange call the other day, I answered and someone asked for Mr Roberts...

I said "Sorry, I think you have the wrong number"

So he said "Oh, I'm sorry, whats your name then?" and tried for ages to get my name off me!

I just kept saying "I'm not Mr Roberts" and in the end he gave up and just hung up on me, but it was very bizarre indeed! :unsure:

No, you will get the £30 court fees back

I have been told that the TPS is only for calls originating in the UK.

I'll put money down that the call did originate in the UK. Frequently the India call centres use voip to make / recieve uk calls through the relevent company's data links to india. These calls are then routed through the company's UK phone system, and out to the world - hence making it a UK call, and thus illegal if registered with TPS. :thumbsup: If the call originated from india, its going to cost a packet, much much cheaper this way.

And thats really rubbish tactics from toucan. People'll do anything these days. Really, who'd want to buy from a company who's been so under handed about getting your business?? They aren't off to a good start in my books...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links