Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Dealer Servicing.

Uncle Bob

As i no longer work in the motor trade (and no longer get my hands dirty :yes: ), i recommend that my dad took his car down to Jemca Toyota in Sidcup for a service, he had a 2nd year service on his 2004 T3 Corolla and that set him back best part of £200.00 :( .

A few days later he came round to see me and showed me the invoice, i was rather shocked to see so many extras on his bill, now sundries i can reluctantly understand (seat covers, floor mats etc ), then saw brake clean is also an extra :unsure: , but what i can not understand is way a 14000 mile, two year old car needs an engine flush and injection system clean...what the hell is that all about then :mad2: .

No sure if we have any Toyota mechanics in the TOC, maybe they can through some light on why these extras are needed.

Now that's the extras covered, my other major gripe is they claimed the brake pads were low, 3mm on the front and 2 mm on the back, now this was a bit of a surprise due to the cars age and mileage, so when he came round i inspected all the pads and found 6mm on the fronts and 5mm on the back !, now is this an isolated incident or do all dealer try this "safety" stroke with all customers, quite frankly i feel they are scare mongering customer in to having unnecessary work done and as it comes under the category of vehicle safety they are getting away with it....come on Toyota expect a much higher standard from you guys.

I was charged for screen wash and an air filter, even though the screen wash was topped up by myself the day before and I had a K&n air filter before and after the service.

Service was on 4th April

I also got the engine flush, I didnt opt for the brake fluid and the brakes are still working.

Date: May 22, 2006 8:49 AM

Morning Nadim

Eileen who deals with Customer care has requested the cheque for you our account dept when the cheque has been signed by a Director will then send it to you in the post.

Thanks for your patience.

Chris Wall.

I dont know how much more time I should give them.

Toyota don't employ mechanics, they employ fitters.

I will not take my car to a toyata dealership to have work done on it as long as there is a hole in my a rse!

I was charged for screen wash and an air filter, even though the screen wash was topped up by myself the day before and I had a K&n air filter before and after the service.

I too was charged for screen wash, but my dealer left the remainder of the bottle of unused screenwash in the car for me. :thumbsup:

The air filter that you refer to may well have been the "pollen filter" which should be checked regularly and changed as required. (dependent on condition)

It is accessed by removing the lower glove box, unclipping two clips and pulling out the filter tray.

The cost of pollen filter is less than £15 and is normally added as an extra over and above the cost of the service.

Dependent on where you drive the pollen filter should normally last you 20000 miles or two years.

The normal engine air filter is not changed untill 40000 miles, so that may explain why your K&N was not touched

The engine flush is performed to clean out any carbon deposits generated during combustion and it is debatable if this is really required on a relatively low mileage vehicle.

Brake fluid should be changed at TWO years (TOYOTA recommendation) although it can be tested for water absorbtion and changed as required. The problem with not changing the brake fluid is that the brakes will work well enough until you really need them (Long downhill stretch) where old brake fluid can boil and lead to brake fade or failure.

It can be false economy not to change the fluid (Sorry for the long post but there were several issues to be addressed)

I dont think the yaris has a pollen filter, toyota manual say the air filter is replaced every 20,000 miles. It does not say pollen filter on the invoice.

from Rob AKA Jaxx

the std filter is changed )or should be) every 20k

I still think its wrong to pay £2.75 + vat for screenwash which was already in the car.

How could the brake pads be worn? I did 70,000 km over 4 or five years from new on a 2001 Corolla, had a report done during a service before selling which claimed the pads were about half way through.

I dont think the yaris has a pollen filter

The Yaris does have a pollen filter ;) Take the glove box out and its behind there :thumbsup:

ok, in three years Mr T have not touched the pollen filter

I dont think the yaris has a pollen filter, toyta manual say the air filter is replaced every 20,000 miles. It does not say pollen filter on the invoice.

I still think its wrong to pay £2.75 + vat for screenwash which was already in the car.

I told you where the pollen filter is in my original post. :rolleyes: Toyota call it a cabin air filter

My part full bottle of screenwash left for me by Toyota will last me for several months worth of filling my washer bottle :)

The P2 Yaris has its air filter changed at 40000 miles (according to my handbook)

How could the brake pads be worn? I did 70,000 km over 4 or five years from new on a 2001 Corolla, had a report done during a service before selling which claimed the pads were about half way through.

I got through a brand new set of pads in 800 miles :thumbsup:

So you was right about the pollen filter, dunno why I ignored your post.

Yeah 200ml screen wash may last several months but you need more during a motorway journey, cant see anything withh all of the flies on the windscreen. Autocare Screenwash 2.5l is only £1.11.

maybe P1 and P2 air filters are different

but you are "Quite exceptional"...................to say the least ;)

but you are "Quite exceptional"...................to say the least ;)

It wasn't me...... it was the Nurburgring :thumbsup: :!Removed!:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links