Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Is It Worth It?

armoredfist2002

Just thought i'd ask, and would like your opinions (good or bad)

sometimes I find my car a bit slow, and there are a few other thing's i'm not happy with about my car, i've seen a 2002 t-sport in caribbean blue with 30,000 on the clock for £6000, and was just wondering whether or not it would be worth changing from my 1.3 or not.

the extra points that make it worth changing is the amount of money I could save modding wise as the t-sport has the few extra things on it that otherwise I would need to buy for my car.

also there are more and a few better mods out there for the t-sport than the 1.3.

But is it worth changing to a slightly older car just for a bit more preformance?

thanks

Hello mate ,I think if you'r not enjoying your car you should change it.

Plus you might save yourself a few quids.

Whats your budget theres a lot of nice cars out there for t sport money?

I considered it myself last year. but decided against it, ok so its a slightly faster car, but you basically weigh up the pros and cons really...

For me, there were more cons than pros, so I chose not to do it, but if its what you want to do, then you should do it! :thumbsup:

true but insurance is a problem, and the yaris is a nice looking car.

the only other cars I like are the gen 7 celica t-sport

and the civic type r EP3

If your lucky you can get a civic for £8000-£9000 but insurance is about £3000, not much less on a celica.

I'm still paying finance on my yaris, so the t-sport isn't too bad, plus with a few mods it will be a fast enough car to last a few years

i wouldnt bother tbh to much hassle and they arent that much fasterfor the amout of hassle in selling car and changing it.

Saying that if you found a tsport and found a buyer then i would do it lol

and the civic type r EP3

Why not look at a Celica Gen 7 140 - It will be considerably more powerful than any of the Yaris range but will be much more reasonable insurance than a T-Sport Celica. And it's highly modable if you so desire.......... :yes:

and the civic type r EP3

Why not look at a Celica Gen 7 140 - It will be considerably more powerful than any of the Yaris range but will be much more reasonable insurance than a T-Sport Celica. And it's highly modable if you so desire.......... :yes:

more powerfull but no quicker......... with what i have done i can make it a struggle for a celica Tsport to keep up. just ask shane...... 140's aint worth a s***

But earpl, you've spent another car's worth of money to make it that quick! Admittedly, its amazing, but money....:|

Don't be worried about the age, but you will probably lose money selling the car, so just hang in there for a while and before you know it, you'll have enough money for a Civic Type-R and the insurance! Or a Celica!

The 1.3 isn't too bad compared to the T-Sport I don't think, and if you've already modded your car a bit then it would sort of be like starting from scratch again?

I weighed it up for a bit and was almost certain I was going to upgrade, but the costs of selling yours, buying a new one, new tax, all the faff of changing ownership etc etc it's not worth it. Your best bet is to keep with what you've got for now and in a year or so when insurance is cheaper and you're a more experienced driver (i'm just guessing that you're young) you'll be able to afford a better, quicker car.

Or... you could ignore all of what I've said, go and buy a T-sport and have a blast! :thumbsup:

I weighed it up for a bit and was almost certain I was going to upgrade, but the costs of selling yours, buying a new one, new tax, all the faff of changing ownership etc etc it's not worth it. Your best bet is to keep with what you've got for now and in a year or so when insurance is cheaper and you're a more experienced driver (i'm just guessing that you're young) you'll be able to afford a better, quicker car.

Or... you could ignore all of what I've said, go and buy a T-sport and have a blast! :thumbsup:

I doubt there will be too much involved buying the t-sport as my car is still on finance through toyota so if they can sort something out for me it should be somewhere near just a straight swap, hopefully without to much hassle.

I can sell a few of my mods but most of them will still fit on the t-sport, like wheels, springs, strut braces and my ICE. So no real loss there.

I've been listening to my boss in work too much, he said he would be happy with a car that he could comfortably overtake other cars in, (along with a few other things)

So that got me thinking, my car is a touch slow and the t-sport with a few mods will make it that bit faster, so I should be more comfortable with the performance and I won't need to change it in a few years time as it should last a lifetime, and I should be happier with it than with my current car.

I'm not looking for an extremely fast car, just something i'd be a bit happier driving, I want it to last but don't want the high tax, insurance and fuel costs any other fast car will give, even though in a few years time. And I don't want to be trading in cars every few years for something different.

I've been listening to my boss in work too much, he said he would be happy with a car that he could comfortably overtake other cars in, (along with a few other things)

That was one of the things that swayed me away from my yaris, as I do a lot of driving on motorways and A roads.

See what offers you can get and I'm sure if they could do a straight swap you would jump at the chance. Just check it out first and then make your decisions after :thumbsup: !

And there's nothing wrong with getting an older car ..... look at all these people driving MR2 etc ;)

they arent that much faster

What a load of rubbish! A 1.3 would be miles behind a T-Sport anyday of the week, the difference is like night and day mate, I'd 100%, no doubt about it go for the T-Sport! :thumbsup:

they arent that much faster

What a load of rubbish! A 1.3 would be miles behind a T-Sport anyday of the week, the difference is like night and day mate, I'd 100%, no doubt about it go for the T-Sport! :thumbsup:

I agree :thumbsup:

Get a T Sport :yes:

YOU WILL LOVE IT!

Well Im biased! But Id recommed the t-sport, its quicker, it has better brakes (discs all round), its got a much much nicer interior, nice dials, lower as standard, immobiliser as standard.

Then theres the fact that it comes with a fairly nice and subtle bodykit and the fact that virtually all of the performance mods available for yaris's are for the t-sport.

When I got mine there were virtually no other yaris's around - now theres load - but only a handful of t-sports. (I dont want another 'I see t-sports all the time discusion either!')

Your choice mate, but I know what I'd do ... by the way Ive had mines 4 years this month ... its done 109k so far and never once broken down or had a major part fail.

I'd go for a T-Sport from a 1.3 Yaris Blue too permanently if I could!

Yes there are hassles & running costs will increase a bit, but whilst you are young and don't have any other real heavy commitments i.e running a house, family etc then enjoy it. There will be a time when you won't really find a Yaris suitable for your needs so before that time comes enjoy it the best you can :thumbsup:

Yes there are hassles & running costs will increase a bit,

Not that much IMO.

My YTS is hassle free :thumbsup:

Yes there are hassles & running costs will increase a bit,

Not that much IMO.

My YTS is hassle free :thumbsup:

Nah, didnt mean hassles with the car! Just going through the whole selling process, changing over Insurance etc :thumbsup:

it should last a lifetime

It wont, no matter what car you buy now eventually you'll want something different so don't think that if you get a t-sport you'll be happy for the rest of your life.

It sounds like your mind is made up though so get the t-sport & enjoy it, or how about taking 1 for a test drive & seeing if you think it's worth it then?

Hey, i am in the same dillema, i have a 1.0 2004 yaris, i luv the car, but there have been plenty of times where i want just a bit more power.

I have my car on finance, so going for a t-sport thats worth the same shouldnt be too bad, seeing as the finance is through a toyota outlet.

Im really not sure what to do.

Found out that I need to visit the toyota dealer where they're selling the car I want (so that's about a 30 mile trip).

then they will probably look around my car and let me know how much they'll give me, pay off the remaining finance on my car and if there's anything left will go towards the deposit of the new car.

If I don't get enough part ex for my car then I won't bother, but if I do get enough i'll get the t-sport.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links