Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Car Sometimes Wont Crank And Turn Over

shau

hi there,

i need some help guys, sometimes my car(toyota starlet 1998) wont start as in it wont crank and turn over but most of the time its ok, sometimes when i turn the key to start position its ment to make a rrr-rrr-rrr sound but instead it just makes rrr sound for about a split second or it sometimes sounds like compressed air then i hear silence.

is this a bad starter?

thx ahead if you can help

does it only do it from cold? have you had the Battery checked? is it the original panasonic Battery? have you got an alarm? because if the battery's almost dead the alarm may be drianing it on occasion when its going off.

hmmm well it only happening recently, think the Battery is ok but yeah i only started using my alarm if i dont use my alarm, lemme c if it could make a difference although i dont think its the Battery

thx for your reply

That my friend is the sound of your Battery not being able to supply enough current to kick your starter motor. Unplug all radio/speakers turn off all heat functions and try again. If not give the car a jump start and go for a short drive to give the alternator time to recharge the Battery. Though, you may find that you will need replace he Battery completely soon, since the negative discharge rate will increase and the battery will become 'flat' more often.