Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Avensis Remote Alarm Problem

dan99

Hi I have an Avensis GLS 1.8 1998 with factory fitted remote alarm. My alarm was working fine with one of my keys (black with one lock, one unlock button), the other did not work. I bought some new batteries and after some swapping of battries I now find myself with both keys only being able to lock :angry: . I think that maybe the good key forgot its code because I left the battries out for too long??

So my question is how do I make the keys work again??

• 7 years later...

Hi I have an Avensis GLS 1.8 1998 with factory fitted remote alarm. My alarm was working fine with one of my keys (black with one lock, one unlock button), the other did not work. I bought some new batteries and after some swapping of battries I now find myself with both keys only being able to lock :angry: . I think that maybe the good key forgot its code because I left the battries out for too long??

So my question is how do I make the keys work again??

just had the same problem after i replaced the Battery from the keyfob... car only seemed to lock while the unlock button did nothing. After cheking to make sure the button was fine i deciced to google the problem and found that I had to manually open the car using the key, once i opened the door the alarm set off so I pressed the lock button and that sileced the alarm. Next I stuck the key in the ignition and turned the key to the ON position( where all the signs light up)leavind the door open, waited 10 seconds and pressed the unlock button twice the locks and indicators flicked twice and started working normal. Hope this helps your issue with your remote good luck