Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Voice Control For The Audio System And Heated Mirrors

Aki

I have a March 2003 Avensis T3-X estate. The handbook tells me the audio system can be controlled via voice commands when using the button on the right of the steering wheel. I have tried the button and it dutifully ‘bleeps’ as the instructions say, but regardless of how much I whisper or holler nothing happens. Would this model have this feature fitted and active? If so, any idea why it may not be working?

Also, I have a January 2004 sales brochure that said the folding wing mirrors are heated, but mine do not appear to be. Was this introduced between March 03 and Jan 04?

:unsure:

I have a March 2003 Avensis T3-X estate. The handbook tells me the audio system can be controlled via voice commands when using the button on the right of the steering wheel. I have tried the button and it dutifully ‘bleeps’ as the instructions say, but regardless of how much I whisper or holler nothing happens. Would this model have this feature fitted and active? If so, any idea why it may not be working?

Also, I have a January 2004 sales brochure that said the folding wing mirrors are heated, but mine do not appear to be. Was this introduced between March 03 and Jan 04?

When I got my Avensis, the dealer laughingly pointed out that although all the microphones and buttons are in all Avensis I was not to drive away shouting at the car as only The T Spirit has it. Or it's an option or something. I don't think the manual makes this clear either.

Thank God it's not just me, I've been talking to my dashboard for weeks, I thought my T4 didn't like me because she blanked me every time. Don't laugh but I even tried talking to her in German, at least i learnt what track up ang change was in German .

The voice commands only work with the full screen colour satnav option.

Its a good source of entertainment when you have kids in the car.

I ahev it on my Prius. As said before it is only an ammusement, the lack of it will not damage your enjoyment". She does however have some strange ideas about what she undertands. Shout Home at her and she will try to display hospital icons!

The one lovely part is that you can shout Harder.... harder at her and she responds!!!!

I ahev it on my Prius. As said before it is only an ammusement, the lack of it will not damage your enjoyment". She does however have some strange ideas about what she undertands. Shout Home at her and she will try to display hospital icons!

The one lovely part is that you can shout Harder.... harder at her and she responds!!!!

:lol:

Thank God it's not just me, I've been talking to my dashboard for weeks, I thought my T4 didn't like me because she blanked me every time. Don't laugh but I even tried talking to her in German, at least i learnt what track up ang change was in German .

Admitedly I tried talking to my car too :lol:

I tried too, fooled by the bogus manual again!

I also felt it a total waste of button space on the steering wheel, though the talk button does cycle through the computer info -- small consolation for attempting voice commands in both languages and receiving false encouragement from happy beeps.

The heated mirrors heat up when the rear heated screen is turned on.

My 2005 model has a separate switch next to mirror adjustment switch

The switch next to the mirror adjustment folds them in, thats in mine a last sept 04 model. Has carried over from the mk1 mk1 facelift GS spec upwards and mk2 the mirrors heating work off the heated rear sceen switch.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links