Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Great Mpg From My T Sport

K19NE G

Here's a couple of pics showing the mpg I got on my last tank. I drove at 60mph on the motorway on my 50 mile round trip to work (I'm sure everyone was loving that as they came bombing up behind me! :D ) and drove like a granny through the built-up areas, just to see how far a tank would go. I had another gallon in the reserve tank, so I'd have got another 40 miles out of it I reckon! :P

GoodMPG001.jpg

GoodMPG002.jpg

I managed to get 50mpg out of my yaris t sport doing the same style driving as you this week. Must be the weather.

Is this with the Unichip in? I've heard great things about peformance and economy going up as you can fine tune the fueling.

If not you'll be laughing even more after.

Might have to work out what economy gains I'd need over what mileage for the chip to pay for itself.

Is this with the Unichip in? I've heard great things about peformance and economy going up as you can fine tune the fueling.

If not you'll be laughing even more after.

Might have to work out what economy gains I'd need over what mileage for the chip to pay for itself.

This is without the Unichip! I'm hoping if they EVER get back to me with it that I will have mild performance and economy gains...

The reason I went through the 'go slow' week was because when my car was in with Toyota a few weeks ago, I went through a fortune of fuel on my mate's GTi Corolla - it badly needs a service! :lol: I thought then that if my work ever complained about the amount of money I was spending on fuel I thought I'd see how far I could go :D

I think you should comfortably be able to get 40mpg on the motorway at 60-70mph, but you are doing pretty well to average that with in town driving too.

The 2zzge is an efficient engine, I just find the temptation to rag it is hard to resist :D

Paul.

I think you should comfortably be able to get 40mpg on the motorway at 60-70mph, but you are doing pretty well to average that with in town driving too.

The 2zzge is an efficient engine, I just find the temptation to rag it is hard to resist :D

Paul.

On the motorway at 60mph I was around the 48mpg mark!!! It was the town driving that killed it no matter how gentle I was with the throttle.... Believe me I found it REALLY hard to resist driving harder!... made up for it since yesterday though! :lol:

I once got 38mpg (my workings) out of my T Sport on a 280 mile run at 60 - 70 (but not by the cars trip). But I never believe car trip computers as they as always wrong :blink: . By up 7mpg :wacko: & always make the car look better than it really is. My new cars trip said recently it did 48mpg when it really only did 45mpg.

The Corolla did 355 miles before the warning light came on that time. I don't what the trip would have read because I'd removed the original radio by then.

pb

:wacko:

How much is it to fill up a cts?

I would think if fill at the light it would cost about £40.

It's a 55 litre tank in a corolla.

pb

I once got 38mpg (my workings) out of my T Sport on a 280 mile run at 60 - 70 (but not by the cars trip). But I never believe car trip computers as they as always wrong :blink: . By up 7mpg :wacko: & always make the car look better than it really is. My new cars trip said recently it did 48mpg when it really only did 45mpg.

The Corolla did 355 miles before the warning light came on that time. I don't what the trip would have read because I'd removed the original radio by then.

pb

I did 424 miles to 49.5 litres... work it out - it's near enough bang on to the trip computer (49.5L = 10.88847 Gallons) which gives 38.94 mpg. The problem with the trip computer is you HAVE to reset it for every full tank or else it just gives the average over a time span which won't work out for obvious reasons....

K19

I reset the trip computer every time I filled up in three different cars (over 45,000 miles worth of driving (17,000 miles in a t sport before I replaced the radio) & they all were wrong. Over stating the miles per gallon by anything from 2 to 7 mpg difference from the real amount.

You may have gone near too to 39mpg. As the T Sport is strangely very economical compeared to the offical figure of only 34mpg :huh: . Just don't believe it every time. Trip computers in cars are more of a gimmick & toy :eek: .

The best miles per gallon out of a car I had was 48 in Citroen AX 1.1, but was a very light car (with no toys to weigh it down).

pb

I have had a Renault and a mazda both with ave MPG and found them to be very accurate within 1mpg on each fill. but my Tsport and verso have both read about 4-5 higher.

Not all cars read high some are very accurate.

I have had a Renault and a mazda both with ave MPG and found them to be very accurate within 1mpg on each fill. but my Tsport and verso have both read about 4-5 higher.

Not all cars read high some are very accurate.

Volkswagen Golf is the same, very accurate (doesn't need to be reset on refill)

lmao I get about 28-30 at best. Think its cos i like lift too much :)

24mpg out of my Micra CC, think it must be my right foot as it has 4.5k on the clock and front tyres are already at 3mm....

For fuel economy on jap cars why get the Unichip which has to be mapped on a Rolling Road, the emanage blue you can map yourself via a laptop for about £150 plus fitting or Emanage Ultimate which constantly tunes itself for about 1k ???

• 1 month later...

intriguing, iv had my corolal T sport for about 2-3 weeks now and im trying to find the sweet spot for the mileage gains - so far got 135 miles for a quarter tank on about 38.0mpg so far found that 40mpg, 60mg and 80mpg seems to be doing the trick! :D

Its all good tho :-)

• 3 weeks later...

hi,

ive driven 100miles roughly this week. back roads only , to work and back.

i changed gear before 3000rpm, and tried to keep the revs around 2000rpm when not accelerating . i did not go any faster than 60mph.

i managed to achive 32 mpg.... :D

is that not what toyota quotes average mpg?

but, the amount of drivers coming right close to my rear bumper was unbeliveable .... it was very hard to avoid the temptation to floor it and leave them standing.... :lol:

the fact is, to achieve good mpg in the cts , you have to drive just pressing the gas with your little toe only :lol: but it can be done.

:thumbsup: bert

Seems a little bit low for careful driving. Are you measuring that by filling the tank and then working out how much more you need to put in after a drive?

Paul.

Seems a little bit low for careful driving. Are you measuring that by filling the tank and then working out how much more you need to put in after a drive?

Paul.

thats off the computer... there is lots of junctions and stopping and starting on my route to work... the cts uses most fuel when pulling away. :thumbsup:

bert

CTS fuel consumption is especiallly crap when the engine is cold. it'll take about 5 mins to heat up to even register on the gauge when its winter, i can drive about 2-3 in summer and it registers.