Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Newbie With Question

Mk6FiestaBoy

howdy dudes n dudettes, hows it going?

originally came here looking for info on the Starlet GT Turbo :) , but now decided that i wont bother with one just yet or never as next year a supra TT should be more affordable B) , so now thinking of the Paseo ;) , but never heard of or seen them untill i came here :huh: , but think they look nice and only few quid more to insure than my current car :blink: and am after a coupe and i dont think anyone in my area has one, so be something special :P , so am here to get some background info on them and whats the tuning potenial like(engine mainly) :thumbsup: .

cheers :alucard:

How deep's your pockets?

like any car the 'seo has potential. the standard engine is a 5efe with sommat like 95bhp IIRC on the UK Gen 2...

the easyest way of more power is an engine swap, either the 4efte, 4age or 3sgte engines will go in, with the right combination of a good mechanic & a lot of swaring.

Athough you can turbo the 5e series and (again from memory) 500ish BHP can be had with upgraded internals.

your bet bet is to ask on www.ukseoclub.co.uk - Riko & threepot have talked about this at length & it doesn't help i'm hungover :(

J

Seo's are super cars. There are some right bargains out there too at the moment. Not sure why you'd want to tune the engine though, especially if you're only a year off getting a Supra. Mechanically the Paseo is fairly straight forward and reliable, sharing a lot of parts with the Starlet and the Sera.

Like James said though, the easiest upgrade for more oomph is the Starlet GTT engine , it just drops straight in - even the mounts are in the same place. You'd need an ECU to match and possiby some of the wiring.

Rich

pockets arnt deep atm :bag: .

thanks for the replies :) . ideally with any car i only plan on filter n exhaust upgrade, but i havnt found anything for them apart from springs :lol: and thats why i asked about the tuning :yes: .

im not a fan of standard cars and my fiesta i own will be the only standard one(unless sports model)id own :P and been waiting for a decent to spend money on B) .

i say the supra should be cheaper next year as its 2k FC now :eek: and it be my 4th year driving and hopefully get a NCB this time :lol2: , but being abit optimistic :!Removed!:

At the top of the page there's a link to the Registry. Go and look in there for DazH and his Paseo. Massively modified ( including filter and exhaust ! )

Might give you a few ideas about what's available for them

cool thanks :) .

im not a fan of kits anymore and havnt been for last couple years, but i do like the subtle look of the booster kit(i think) as its just lips as far as i can see :huh: and as i may be the first to own a Paseo in my town, want it to look some what cooler B) and wondering if you or anyone has a standard booster kit so i can see what it looks like? :yes: as im not 100% sure what it actually looks like.

cheers :thumbsup:

am i right in saying they havnt used standard bumpers, or is that actually how they look? :huh: , havnt actually seen a propa standard one and google comes out with random :lol: .

one more question for now ;) , whats the different between the ST n SI? :) and also what is the actual performance spec of them? i dont know weather parkers is correct or not :huh:

Performance Stats:

Weight: ST:960Kg

Si: 1015Kg

0-60 - 11.2secs

top speed - 113mph

qtr mile - 17.2 secs

50-70 in top gear - 12.0secs

The booster kit adds a lip to the stock bumper IIRC

Stock Paseo

J

like the ones off parkers then :P , cheers :) .

not bad figures really ;) , 90bhp aint they?

my fez stats are:

1242cc

16v

73bhp

81lbs/ft

101mph

0-60 14sec

1045kg

so on paper not exceedivly more, but power/weight ratio will be better and will rev to 7k rpm freely i assume etc , but overall its a good replacement :thumbsup:

looks like it has after-market bumpers, but for standard, looks very nice n sporty :drool: , so really theres no need to change them, just add lips :P

ps why is the SI heavier and still perform the same as the ST? :huh:

TBH mate if i had the cash i'd jump at a Paseo... once you get one you'll love it. :thumbsup:

For a sporty coupe they're is almost nothing on the road like it - i had a 1st gen Cynos import for over 6 years & loved driving it. i'd still have it if some muppet hadn't reversed into me : :crybaby:

Yeah the 2nd gens had the 5efe with 90bhp but they are still pretty nippy. you can always do a 4efte engine swap & have 130 instead :yes: ;)

If i had to sell the Zed i'd get another Paseo. The only other car i'd be interested in otherwise would be a Corvette :drool:

The tuning comunity for the 'seo is growing every day & whilst it doesn't have as much backing as some other cars the parts are there if you spend time looking :thumbsup:

J

good reply :thumbsup: .

how do you tell the generations apart? also what power does the 1st gen have?.

cost of the conversion n insurance, id be better off getting a Starlet ;) .

corvettes are nice :yes: and cant believe how much the cameros are selling for on autotrader, less than £3k with around 66k miles :eek: , tho prices were rising within my travelling distance ;) , but if i went american muscle, it have to be a mustang :drool:

1st gen pic's & stats Here

i wouldn't of thought the conversion would add a LOT more to your insurance TBH - its only a 40 odd BHP increase...

I thought of the Mustang, maybe a Charger either that or a 1977 Special Edition Trans-AM:drool:

J

Si has more trim / extra's as standard, such as sunroof, cd player, abs, rear spoiler, alloy wheels etc...

and the rev limit on a paseo is 5600rpm, only the 1st gen paseo's (which were never sold here) has a rev limit of 6800rpm...cynos with the 5efhe has a limit of 7300

SI would be the one i look for then :thumbsup:

5600rpm? :eek: , my fez limits at 6500rpm tho useless above 5000rpm :lol: , can they be raised? :unsure: . hopefully ill find one with the 5efhe ;)

rev limit can be raised - ive posted a link somewhere on how to do it - but its a fruitless exploit, full power is developed at around 4800rpm in the paseo, run's out of puff at about 5200rpm, and the last 400rpm is just noise. and even the "lofty" rev limit on the cynos is a bit fruitless, full power now developed at 6400rpm, there's stil some power till about 6600 - 6700rpm, then again, the rest is noise

and goodluck finding a Cynos, very rare...I was lucky with mine, it was listed as a Paseo but I quickly recognised it as a Cynos and corrected the buyer....and the rest was history.

o i know it doesnt mean it be slow, im just saying as many other jap 1.5's and even 1.4's rev to 7000rpm( limiter on them i dont know) ;)

the max power on my fez is like 6000rpm(limits 6500rpm), but loses puff at like 5000rpm :blink: , what i would like to know now is, at 70mph what is the revs at? :thumbsup: , my fez is around 4000rpm i think and at 105/110mph(when i first got the car and wanted to test top speed) its around 5300rpm, too many high revs for motorway i think and dont like the sound of the engine, thats what id like to watch our for plus mpg ;) .

bah! probly talking crap now, but :P :lol:

is that good or is around 3000rpm better for mpg sake or dont petrols drop that low? :unsure: . i havnt driven quick enough cars(than mine) to notice the revs at high speeds hence that some what silly question :!Removed!:

is that good or is around 3000rpm better for mpg sake or dont petrols drop that low? :unsure: . i havnt driven quick enough cars(than mine) to notice the revs at high speeds hence that some what silly question :!Removed!:

Around 3000rpm would be better, but the gearing is set to suit the power output of the engine ;)

My GT4 is doing just under 3000rpm @ 70mph, but still uses loads of fuel! :lol:

thats what i was affraid of ;) .

meh its because you drive a 2litr 250bhp(i think) 4wd turbo :P

thats what i was affraid of ;) .

meh its because you drive a 2litr 250bhp(i think) 4wd turbo :P

Yeh but its soooo much fun :D :lol:

A Paseo should be decent mpg on the motorway tbh, i had a 1.8 Corolla and that used to be doing about 3500rpm @ 70, and still gave decent mpg :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links