Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rattling Noise

Maggiore

Thought I might aswell ask...

theres a rattling noise coming from the front of my car... whenever I hit about 60mph...

sounds like its coming from the dash somewhere

any ideas?

Thanks

Isn't this the rattle below the front windscreen that everyone goes on about? If so i think its just foam underneath it to stop it :)

• 1 month later...

yes i think i get this too.. since i've put my exhaust on it vibrates alot coz of the noise.. it sounds to me like its coming from the clocks..

welcome to owning a yaris..

your in the same boat as the lot of us :D

mine does the same, Woody is correct it's definately near the windscreen - just below it.

There was a fix posted somewhere, its dead easy... I haven't tried it yet though :)

:lol: Look at this:

yarisassy.jpg

hahaha :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

rattling!!! god i hate it! i need help on it big time. My t-sport has got a rattling problem whenever the engine is warm. but it only happens when the clutch is out. When i pull up, and put it in neutral with the clutch out..it makes a horrible rattling noise from the engine. but as soon as i put the clutch in it dissapears. Im no mechanic but is something loose that the vibrations from my gearbox is making move or is there something wrong with my clutch???

Sorted mine,

I couldnt get the plastic bit where the wipers are off my car (some of those screw things turned, but didnt work :lol: - couldn't get the screw to catch the clip things, to release it) but I managed to move it enough exposing the bottom-edge of the windscreen.

Stuck some sticky pads on there, moved the plastic cover back over and fixed it back down - went for a quick blast and WOOO :thumbsup: rattle has gone completely.

:D <- me.

i think those screw things are imitation screws lol just little pressure poppers

Yeah,

to get most of them un-done I pushed the screw upwards, while turning it so it 'catched' on the popper things and then let them go inwards / become less wide, so they can come out the hole.

Problem was, that the most offside / drivers-side of the car wouldn't budge! and you can't reach underneath it. Its a different type - narrower.

but I managed to expose enough windscreen & cover in sticky pads to stop the noise.

Tbh, in the end I only stuck pads on the nearside of the car, to near the centre. That was enough :) I think the rattle comes from the middle of the car, pretty much.

last night.. ive put black silicone under it..

i wonder if that will help..

stickytape hates sun and dirt and loses its grip (well at least for me) ..

maybe ive used a ****ty kind :)