Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fuel Gauge.....crap

chris202

:angry: ok so since i've owned the car pretty much loved it however one of the small thing that really annoy me , especially at the end of the month , is the crap reading the fuel gauge gives me .

Today while i have over a quarter tank my light comes on every now and again . I find it really hard to judge when i'm running low low low.......I know your not supposed to run it right down but sometimes it hard to tell if i'm that low or not . It goes up and down depending how i'm driving etc etc and i know more modern cars are a lot more precise .

Can i fit an aftermarket fuel gauge ? is to worthwhile ? has anyone else done this ?

I really havent a clue about this kinda stuff but i'd like a more precise reading :thumbsup:

Thanks - Chris

the light stays lit when its low low.

the light stays lit when its low low.

ok never been that bad , just always paranoid that am about to run outta fuel !

I guess i'm not alone though :thumbsup:

Mine comes on when going up a steep hill even when there looks like there's a 1/4 tank left! Booster is right, it will come on and stay on and even then you still have a fair bit to play with :thumbsup:

Um........ This might sound a bit obvious. But if the light is annoying, you could always try the old tried and tested method....... Put some ruddy petrol in. :rolleyes:

Oh and if you think it`s bad on yours... Try a GT4.. Damn light`s never off for very long. :D

The low level warning light sensor is a separate sensor to the fuel guage sensor. I drove mine for 30 miles with the light on constantly, and then drained the tank, and it still had 2 gallons left! So there must have been about 3 gallons when the light came on solid. Yours may well be different though.

Oh and if you think it`s bad on yours... Try a GT4.. Damn light`s never off for very long. :D

Sadly thats very true :!Removed!:

Sadly thats very true :!Removed!:

:yes: :( My fuel gauge also goes down slightly when going round left corners, then slightly up when going round right corners! :wacko::lol:

:yes: :( My fuel gauge also goes down slightly when going round left corners, then slightly up when going round right corners! :wacko::lol:

Mines the same :wacko:

Talking of petrol lights tho... i havent seen mine for about 2.5 weeks ... so i recon i saved around £150+ petrol money :D GF's KA only cost me £20 in 2weeks :lol: i have to be careful with it tho.. all that 59bhp can get quite scary :lol:

Mines the same :wacko:

Talking of petrol lights tho... i havent seen mine for about 2.5 weeks ... so i recon i saved around £150+ petrol money :D GF's KA only cost me £20 in 2weeks :lol: i have to be careful with it tho.. all that 59bhp can get quite scary :lol:

Money saved against how !Removed! you looked driving a ka ? I would rather have spent the £150 :lol::lol:

Deteste le Ka ;)

Still no 4 back !? sheesh , i'd hate to be celica-less for weeks......

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links