Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tuning?

ozzy666

lo,sometimes my car runs perfectly it sounds nice and runs smoothly, but sometimes it seems to run abit rough and when this is happening i know i'm using a lot of petrol.i can feel it not running smoothly,will it need tuning ?or can't you tune them? someone told there computerized so you can't tune them :wacko:

cheers

Tuning used to be tweaking the air fuel mix in the carb .. now with fuel injection, you can only tune with aftermarket ECU's.

You may need to look into replacing a few bits.

"fluffyness" is usually down to worn/corrored eletrics. Have a look at your leads, plugs and dizzy cap.

if it doesnt have a cat, you can run a gas analyser on it. I got my dad to do myn, for me, be-dazzled me with Hydro Carobon levels, co, yawn, lol

the mixture was running really lean, so he rich'd it a bit with the help of the Gas machine, and it is runnig schweeet

Does it run rough especially when it's raining? If yes, it's probably to do with ignition like Bibbs already suggested.

It might also be useful to have the car checked for error codes. It shouldn't even cost a fortune.. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links