Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Base Ignition Timing

threepot

Right, i'm not refering to the cambelt.

What I'm trying to find out without much luck is how do you time a 5efe/5efhe/4efte up?

On a charade and civic, you had to put a paperclip in a plug to put it into setup mode, then time it up with the timing light gun.

Can I do the same for the paseo? It doesnt have a crank sensor from what I can see, and it has a possition sensor in the dizzy, so if I twist the dizzy the timing should change.

Any ideas?

:thumbsup:

the 5E engine just has a few marks/reference points here and there. Position everything to the marks and fit the timing belt. Moving the distributor will advance/!Removed! the timing, so you'd set that up with a strobe.

That's about it really. Simple enough engine.

More info here !

>> 5E Engine Manual <<

theres no referance to the ignition timing in that manual. Is the mark on the flywheel the fire mark?

to answer my own question, when I take the engine apart I will know if its a TDC mark as no1 pot will be at TDC (duhhhh), if not, i guess its a fire marker.

Page 14 of the manual states all the static timing points that need to be aligned.

The gears linking the inlet and exhaust cams also have alignment marks under the rocker cover. If you get all this right and the distributor somewhere central then you'll be nearly there.

After that it's just fine tuning with a strobe.

• 2 weeks later...

Look whats printed under the bonnet lmao!!!

timing.jpg

So with a paperclip join these two pins together...

timing2.jpg

Yup, just had to put my keyboard down and open my eyes.