Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Can Cause The At Shift Points To Change?

P11GT

As the title says.

This is my first AT car ive had. Recently, ive been doing a few things. Ive installed a WR header which caused the engine to run a little lean so adjusted it accordingly with the Camcon unit. During this time, ive noticied that the car doesnt hold in gear as high up in the rev range. It did at first but has gradually changed.

If i floor the accelerator, it would go all the way upto 6K rpm, then change from 1-2 gear, then again at 6K rpm from 2-3 gear.

Now, when i accelerate hard, it changes at about 5K rpm, seem to over rev as it changes, and seems to take longer to change from 1-2gear. If i continue accelerating, 2-3 gear will change about 4.5K rpm, again, a slow gear change.

Ive also noticed that if im rolling along in 3rd gear, and press the accelerator fully open, it wont kick down into 2gear to pull high up in the revs.

It simply seems to be avoiding higher revs. What could be happening? and what can i check? Could it be something to do with fueling or pinking (which i do/did suffer from a little)

• 1 month later...

Check the fluid level's in the auto box, there is a filter inside the box but normally when the internal filter neads changes it is reluctant to change up.

Related to the changes you have been making, can you reset the ECU's you have not flicked it onto economy mode then?

This is sadly still happening.

Since my post, ive check the fluids, they are fine but could do with a full flush to be safe. Ive changed the MAF as i was told the shift points depend on load, that didnt work. Ive checked the TPS and that within tolerance.

Anyone else offer any ideas?

• 1 month later...

has it got a kick down cable you could possibly adjust .