Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coolest Convertible

Fidgits

Something that was designed as a convertable .. not a car with no roof. It makes a big difference.

What's the spec you are after?

What age?

What cost?

yeah, i'd much rather have a designed convertible rather than a coupe without a roof...

i'm thinking about a Boxster S tbh.. :!Removed!:

get a proper porsche

its funny when people express opinions based on what they read in a magazine or heard clarkson say :lol::lol::lol:

thats not why i say it, but i do agree with clarkson, when i think of porsche, i think of 911, i dont think of boxster, and im not keen on the rear styling of the boxster

Right - but porsche have always made 'entry level' sports cars, 924, 944, 968....

the problem it had was it was styled very much like the 911 - hence the 'couldnt afford a 911' Badge they got, and as Lou says, like with the TT, they have become somewhat a victim of their own popularity...

yes, that is another reason for me not being keen on them, you would spot it, wonder if its a 911 and find it isnt. although maybe its just me being fussy but there are a few cars like this

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fidgits

• Karma Supra

• Lou-Lou

• PaulT

You'ld be very, very surprised how much fun you can have in a Micra CC :D

That should have read 'you'd be very surprised how much fund you can have on a Micra CC' standing on the roof, bashing it with sticks and setting fire to it..

..and yes.. if I had fun in a Micra, I'd be very very surprised :laughing:

I like the older Porsches one of these would be nice:

502_L.jpg

My choices,

1. Sunbeam Alpine ( Tiger version )

2. Daimler Dart

They may be old now, but still good looking !!!! :thumbsup:

Lou, my company car is the CC at the mo and has been on and off for 5 weeks, to be fair on the car n the class it sits in it does beat the competition hands down on everything bar looks but then again the 206 is hardly a pretty car....

And the Tigra is just plain....

Lou, my company car is the CC at the mo and has been on and off for 5 weeks, to be fair on the car n the class it sits in it does beat the competition hands down on everything bar looks but then again the 206 is hardly a pretty car....

And the Tigra is just plain....

As long as you didn't pay for it!!

Agree.. the 206 is horrible, and the Tigra sucks..

I'm just bitter cause I want a Lambo.. :ffs: Still... in a months time, I will be behind the wheel of a Gallardo.. only for a day tho :(

sorry Ben - i thought you'd get that from our previous conversations.

I was going to buy one a couple of years ago, but i didnt like the, all revs no torque feel of the engine, im more into lazy but torquey 6 and 8 cylinder powerplants... personal choice... kinda thing :thumbsup:

I totally understand .. it just makes me laugh that it has more torque than most other 2.0's and people say it's torqueless. Okay, compare it to the Boxter S and it's different. But then Compare an IS200 to a 330i and you'll get the same.

It does take getting used to .. I don't think I've driven about, below 4k rpm this year.

Get the Trevor ..

Lou, my company car is the CC at the mo and has been on and off for 5 weeks

you must like your job!

sorry Ben - i thought you'd get that from our previous conversations.

I was going to buy one a couple of years ago, but i didnt like the, all revs no torque feel of the engine, im more into lazy but torquey 6 and 8 cylinder powerplants... personal choice... kinda thing :thumbsup:

I totally understand .. it just makes me laugh that it has more torque than most other 2.0's and people say it's torqueless. Okay, compare it to the Boxter S and it's different. But then Compare an IS200 to a 330i and you'll get the same.

It does take getting used to .. I don't think I've driven about, below 4k rpm this year.

Get the Trevor ..

yeah, sorry i figured you'd know what i meant... :thumbsup:

(not comparing anything to the IS.. horses for courses n all that ;) )

I cant get the TVR though - i need a car i know will start in the morning, and after the recent treking around the country looking for my next car, along with the laughable trade-in values, i might be stuck with the IS a little longer!

My boss got a new Boxster S a little while ago, just after the facelift version came out. It's not hard to see why you would drive one, and why you wouldn't.

One the plus side, the chassis really is very good. It seems like there's hardly any gap between those 18in rims and the arches, but it still feels comfy even on a rubbish road. Conversely in the corners the body control is also brilliant.

It all feels very solid and I guess they last for ages. There's no stupid i-drive nonsense, just the minimal number of controls to do the job.

However, obviously the car's image is rubbish. It's the sort of car you buy if you want a sporty car but don't know anything about cars. It looks great, it's a Porsche so you've got the Badge, and you can lease one for £500 a month. But it's a washing machine---it has no soul. They should sell them in Comet.

Plus, it doesn't feel like a five-second car like the book says.

However, look at the opposition and you see why they sell so many. Personally I find the S2000 much more attractive, but it just isn't my kind of car.

I really like the look of the Cayman, but I guess eventually that will just get the same sort of image as the Boxster. Maybe you could lease one for a couple of years then change it before everybody has one.

Paul.

My boss got a new Boxster S a little while ago, just after the facelift version came out. It's not hard to see why you would drive one, and why you wouldn't.

One the plus side, the chassis really is very good. It seems like there's hardly any gap between those 18in rims and the arches, but it still feels comfy even on a rubbish road. Conversely in the corners the body control is also brilliant.

It all feels very solid and I guess they last for ages. There's no stupid i-drive nonsense, just the minimal number of controls to do the job.

However, obviously the car's image is rubbish.

i think that sums it up very well paul... :thumbsup:

Boxters are cracking cars!!!

Unfortunately they are not as good as their owners think they are ;)

boxers are good as they look good plus they the cheaper porka's :thumbsup: , performance isnt the best on the 2.5 looking at the figures, the CTR is quicker ;) , but porka's are for posing in anyway :P

Boxters are cracking cars!!!

Unfortunately they are not as good as their owners think they are ;)

Good point well made there Charlie :thumbsup::thumbsup:

However, thats quite a common problem across a lot of cars ;) not just porsches...

Im with Em on this... Audi A4 RS4 is hot or the old Saab 93 vigan aero turbo BMW E36 M3 is cool too or any of the Rinspeed fettled Porsche 911s...

Hi all,

Quick pop in for my tupence

Why has no-one mentioned the Celica Gen 6 Convertible. That has to be one of m fav's since I saw it on here.

See ya later, still getting the new house habitable

Giles

However, thats quite a common problem across a lot of cars ;) not just porsches...

I wouldn't know :P

Lou Lou that 911 you posted is exactly the modle I was refering too when I mentioned the ugly 911 targa with the ruined lines ;)

DSC_0070.jpg

Has mad mike stuck a 50inch plasma in the back though?

DSC_0070.jpg

Has mad mike stuck a 50inch plasma in the back though?

:lol: And why its not been painted some garrish colour too..... :driving:

I quite like 300Cs... dad had the 5.7 hemi one for a week to play with... they do shift :D

thats cos you suffer from it too... raving about something designed in the stone age :lol::lol::lol: :P

laugh my ***** off at the 300C! :P

so an american car... now with no roof....

in fact probably handles BETTER!

Coolest affordable = MR2 Roadster

I know another member who will agree with me.. or he better :lol:

Well I agree with you cos I just LOVE our car :wub:

thats cos you suffer from it too... raving about something designed in the stone age :lol::lol::lol: :P

Which is still better then most modern cars ... and lead the way for most :P

Where do you think the engine came from on your beloved is200? ;)