Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Coolest Convertible

Fidgits

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fidgits

• Karma Supra

• Lou-Lou

• PaulT

It is for me getting cheap parts!!!!!!

This is the big 11111 :D :lol::thumbsup:

Picture-15.JPG

So Ian have you decided which one to get yet?

Paul.

Paul.

not yet...

I'm planning on taking a Boxster S for a spin to see what they're like before making any decsions :thumbsup:

but the IS is booked for a service this week (needs doing...) so dont be suprised if i'm going to end up with it for a while longer...

Lou Lou that 911 you posted is exactly the modle I was refering too when I mentioned the ugly 911 targa with the ruined lines ;)

Pah.. I like it so there! :P

edit: hate to say this, but actually Charlie, looking at it again, think you may be right.. the nice curve of the roof isn't really there.. :( Still, I wouldn't say no..

..and thats as much effort I'm prepared to put into this discussion! An hour and a half left at work.. :ffs:

WANNA GO HOME!!!

I'm planning on taking a Boxster S for a spin to see what they're like before making any decsions :thumbsup:

It's hard not to be impressed by the car itself, and also Porsche service. I was at the office when the boss took delivery. They don't drive the cars to the premises, they are wrapped up and transported inside a closed lorry so that there is no possibility of getting a stone chip in the paintwork.

By the time the Porsche chap has rolled the car onto your drive and taken off the bubble wrap it will look absolutely pristine :thumbsup:

Paul.

It's hard not to be impressed by the car itself, and also Porsche service. I was at the office when the boss took delivery. They don't drive the cars to the premises, they are wrapped up and transported inside a closed lorry so that there is no possibility of getting a stone chip in the paintwork.

By the time the Porsche chap has rolled the car onto your drive and taken off the bubble wrap it will look absolutely pristine :thumbsup:

Paul.

im buying used, so dont think its going to happen like that :(

Actually Lou, that said, I saw a mint white one yesterday, huge 80s whale tail... roof off... it looked kinda cool :lol:

Paul.

boxsters off the list - i see what you mean by 'souless' now...

Oh well, never mind. But have you not considered that for used Boxster money you could get a decent used MR2 Roadster and send it off to TTE to make it something special?

Still nowhere to put anything though.

Paul.

Oh well, never mind. But have you not considered that for used Boxster money you could get a decent used MR2 Roadster and send it off to TTE to make it something special?

Still nowhere to put anything though.

Paul.

naaa - i want to stay away from 'modifying a car to be what i want'..

if i was going that route, i'd just have the 4.3 V8 shoehorned into the IS by TTE ;)

Have you eliminated the SC430 from your enquiries? Maybe not as dynamically exciting as the Boxster and co. but rare and very good-looking. Another mate of mine has one and in this weather it looks superb.

Plus if you already know a decent Lexus dealer you are sorted.

I guess the only downside is that it says "Hello girls, I have taste, style and money ... and I am probably old enough to be your dad" :D

Mind you, good enough for Kristanna Lokken in T3, and of course impeccable pedigree :D

Paul.

yeah, i drove one a couple of years ago... and did wonder...

discounted on

a. Auto box (robs the V8 of any performance)

b. driving dynamics (about as exciting as cutting your toenails)

c. looks (lets face it, its no DB9)

d. price (all this and it costs a lot of money)

but thanks for the suggestion - keep em coming ;)

SC430????? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :crybaby:

Horrid horrid vile things.... How can any *proper* soere fan even mention them without spitting :P

"A smart car for people that don't actually like cars"

Bi turbo coupe :rolleyes: At least pretend to buy one give ita test drive and tell us about it :D

Horrid horrid vile things.... How can any *proper* soere fan even mention them without spitting :P

"A smart car for people that don't actually like cars"

Bi turbo coupe :rolleyes: At least pretend to buy one give ita test drive and tell us about it :D

Didnt top gear say that was the worst modern car ? i'm sure the three of them had to write down a modern car that was worse than everything and they all wrote that . It is **********ing ugly ! :lol: I dont think my mum would even drive one of them....

Isnt there a V plate Mr2 for sale in the "for sale" (funnily enough) section , cant go wrong with that

:lol: Actually I find them a pretty attractive car. If I was going to have a Lexus it would be that one!

I can't really ever see myself owning a Lexus though.

Paul.

:lol: Actually I find them a pretty attractive car. If I was going to have a Lexus it would be that one!

I can't really ever see myself owning a Lexus though.

Paul.

I had a go in a SC430 at some lexus open day years ago - seemed a good posing car, back seats were comical tho

I'd still rather have an SC400 any day ;)

Actually Lou, that said, I saw a mint white one yesterday, huge 80s whale tail... roof off... it looked kinda cool :lol:

Ahh.. I think we have just had the perfect argument.. argue 2 separate points and then change your mind to what the other person says in the first place! Pat on the back!

Like you said, the lines aren't quite right, but if one did turn up at the right price, I certainly wouldn't say no..

Still the biggest problem remains unchanged (and I am sure we will all agree on this)

It is the people that drive them....

I just had to top up Milly's car as I was driving it today (yay proper car to drive!) I followed a new YELLOW 911 turbo into the garage, lanky guy with an ill fitting suit gets out and fills up... the bit that got me was when he went to pay for the fuel;

"pumnumber pleas"

"Its the Yellow Porsche"

*****!!!!! :lol::lol:

I just had to top up Milly's car as I was driving it today (yay proper car to drive!) I followed a new YELLOW 911 turbo into the garage, lanky guy with an ill fitting suit gets out and fills up... the bit that got me was when he went to pay for the fuel;

"pumnumber pleas"

"Its the Yellow Porsche"

*****!!!!! :lol::lol:

Sounds like a right merchant-banker!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links