Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Coolest Convertible

Fidgits

vanquish.jpg

That looks !Removed! awfull!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How to totally ruim some sexy lines, and chassis ridigity at the same time....

plus the bodged "pram hood" under a cover just looks........... gash.

One of the reasons I like targas is that they don;t ruin the lines of the car (unless its the 80s 911 targa, that also looks..... <the spuds of lurrrrvve>s.....)

I want a soarer aerocabin :thumbsup:

http://www.toyota-supra-club.de/hp/special/aerocabin.htm

If only they had given it seamless front and rear windows, it would be a bit more of a "proper" convertible...

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=m...7613472d463b11b also a most bizare modded one, with a mkiii supra nose... (looks errrr odd)

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fidgits

• Karma Supra

• Lou-Lou

• PaulT

Has to be a 1979 MG Midget!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Was the last true brittish sports car. This one actually belongs to my girlfriend, and she's selling it!!! Gutted I am.

MG011.jpg

Van :P

Just got back from lunch - I so wish I had a convertible today :crybaby:

Just got back from lunch - I so wish I had a convertible today :crybaby:

It is class .. just been bombing down to the pub, pint on the lawn, bomb back to the office .. it's an awesome day.

Something that was designed as a convertable .. not a car with no roof. It makes a big difference.

What's the spec you are after?

What age?

What cost?

70's mercs, 70's astons, tvr s2, 60's mustangs etc etc

modern day, new beetle with 4 hot women in it...

Something that was designed as a convertable .. not a car with no roof. It makes a big difference.

What age?

What cost?

yeah, i'd much rather have a designed convertible rather than a coupe without a roof...

i'm thinking about a Boxster S tbh.. :!Removed!:

What age?

What cost?

yeah, i'd much rather have a designed convertible rather than a coupe without a roof...

get a proper porsche

Bleugh.. those new Beetles are soo lame... laugh my @rse off everytime I see blokes driving those!! I mean.. what kind of car comes with a vase on the dash so you can put a pretty little flower in it.. nah.. f**k that!

Boxster S?? Nah... agree get a proper porsche.. Carerra 4S is a fav of mine at the mo.. nice and fat!

Bleugh.. those new Beetles are soo lame... laugh my @rse off everytime I see blokes driving those!! I mean.. what kind of car comes with a vase on the dash so you can put a pretty little flower in it.. nah.. f**k that!

ok, ill rephrase it, any not too many modern convertibles i really like, but ill like the one with 4 hot women in it

Ok.. fair enough..

While I'm on a winging streak.. I also think we should ban the mini convertible, cause thats just wrong and the micra convertible.. thats very very wrong.. on SO many levels..

Cant find a picture but I remember seeing an NSX convertable in the Honda showroom a few years ago and it was stunning :thumbsup:

What age?

What cost?

get a proper porsche

its funny when people express opinions based on what they read in a magazine or heard clarkson say :lol::lol::lol:

The boxster is a very nice handling sports car, and the S gives it a decent amount of go...

If i wanted a ragtop, it'd probably be my choice over the S2000 (here torquey torque), MX-5, Z4, SLK and all those saloons/coupe that developed a terminal case of skuttle shake... including the 911 Convertible...

Cant find a picture but I remember seeing an NSX convertable in the Honda showroom a few years ago and it was stunning :thumbsup:

mmmmmmmmmmmm.. NSX.. I parked up next to one the other day, and it was hard not to try driving that home instead of the peice of cr@p I had parked next to it :(

Boxsters may not be that crap but round where I live there are loads (near Henley).. one of those cars (like the TT IMO) that has become a bit crap just cause too many people have them.. they're just a bit dull now.. hence why I'd much prefer the 4S or the GT3.. theres just less of them about.. I'd want to have a car thats a bit different from what people whos kids I babysat for have :P

AdBeetle.jpg

www.sniffpetrol.com

The only problem I have with the boxter is it's styling .. they are very VERY capable cars. But still over priced (to buy and run) for what they are.

Early 'S's must be very affordable though.

What age?

What cost?

get a proper porsche

its funny when people express opinions based on what they read in a magazine or heard clarkson say :lol::lol::lol:

thats not why i say it, but i do agree with clarkson, when i think of porsche, i think of 911, i dont think of boxster, and im not keen on the rear styling of the boxster

it'd probably be my choice over the S2000 (here torquey torque

And I'd not sure about that comment as the s2k has more torque than your IS200 :huh:

It's only low torque compared to 3.0+ & 6 pot, but then that's what an extra £5k will get you (and that's a supercharger and a whole load more torque). :yes:

m3's? porche? lambos.... definately not ians style.... what so ever

maybe this....

Micra-CC-01-464.jpg

or this

206cc_05_1024.jpg

even better!.....

Peugeot%20206%20CC.jpg

this?

004_4_BusinessCars.gif

but maybe not girlie enough

try.....

6.jpg

t-tops rock :lol:

What age?

What cost?

get a proper porsche

thats not why i say it, but i do agree with clarkson, when i think of porsche, i think of 911, i dont think of boxster, and im not keen on the rear styling of the boxster

Right - but porsche have always made 'entry level' sports cars, 924, 944, 968....

so you cant call it 'not a proper porsche', but yes, the 911 is iconic.. and ive spent the last 4 weeks shopping for one.. but i have to say, a boxster has started to appeal, but there a very different car to the 911..

the problem it had was it was styled very much like the 911 - hence the 'couldnt afford a 911' Badge they got, and as Lou says, like with the TT, they have become somewhat a victim of their own popularity...

it'd probably be my choice over the S2000 (here torquey torque

And I'd not sure about that comment as the s2k has more torque than your IS200 :huh:

It's only low torque compared to 3.0+ & 6 pot, but then that's what an extra £5k will get you (and that's a supercharger and a whole load more torque). :yes:

sorry Ben - i thought you'd get that from our previous conversations.

I was going to buy one a couple of years ago, but i didnt like the, all revs no torque feel of the engine, im more into lazy but torquey 6 and 8 cylinder powerplants... personal choice... kinda thing :thumbsup:

and im not keen on the rear styling of the boxster

:yes:

Convertible metro? was that?? Urg.. brb.. i'm just going to go throw up in the corner of the office..

You'ld be very, very surprised how much fun you can have in a Micra CC :D

Although it doesnt appear anywhere on the cool board and never will, much better than the 206 though :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links