Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Pick Your Brains?

yellowchinaman

1) I'm not sure if my induction is installed properly. I simply ripped out the air box. Pit a pipe into the rubber hose and bunged an induction on the end and re fed the sensor. Now am I supposed to take out the rubber hose along with the other box branching off it? There are also 2 more air pipes coming off the rubber hose. Shall I rip out the other box and connect the pipe directly to the engine and feed the other two small air pipes along with the sensor?

2) I've just installed a small neon light into my dash. I wanted it to turn on when I turn on the park lights and head lights. (1st click) so I thought I'd connect it to the dash lights = the cigarette lighter has a small LED which turns on when I turn on the park lights. Problem is the air controls and clock dims now and not enough power is going to the neon’s. Where else can I piggy back to so that when I turn on the main light the neon’s will come onto too? I thought about connecting it directly to the cigarette lighter but I will need to put in a small switch which I don't want.

Oh and it's an ST202

2) Use a small relay to switch the neons on. Use the power to the relay from the !Removed! lighter, and use the power to the !Removed! lighter led as the switch to activate the neons. Dead Easy and it can all be wired up behind the !Removed! lighter and will cost less than a £1 in bits

If you have a dimmer on your dash lights you don't want to use to the post dimmer supply to feed your light. Take a feed from the headlamp stalk switch for the sidelights or the feed into the dash light dimmer.

If you have a dimmer on your dash lights you don't want to use to the post dimmer supply to feed your light. Take a feed from the headlamp stalk switch for the sidelights or the feed into the dash light dimmer.

I would have thought it would still need a relay, but yes it is better to take it before the dimmer if you have a UK model car - The Jap models didn't have the dimmer so it wouldn't matter if yours is an import

the 1 main pipe you need to leave in, is the thick 1 , i suppose you could fit 1 of those tiny kn filters to it , it does however need to be used or the car wont run.i just left that box in with pipes connected with my induction kit fitted.

Thanks Gus.

I'm no good with electronice so I'll skip the relay and wrig it up to the side lights and see how it goes. My one is an import.

And back to inductions, what do you all think about forced of ram air inductions? I see quite a few forced carbon fiblre induction around on eBay and I'm thinking of trying it. I don't like the idea that my induction is taking in hot air from the engine especially in summer and I don't think I'm good enough to build a heat box around it. What do you think?

I`ll give you an example of one of these so called ram air induction kits.

Chap i used to work with fitted one of these to his Civic Type R. It was mounted low down in the air stream and gave no problems until he went through a deepish puddle of water. The result was that a lot of water was drawn/forced into the air intake and resulted in a bent conrod and valve damage. Effectively scrapping the engine. (The Honda garage said it would be cheaper to replace than repair)

I dare say there are systems out there that do work, but i would be very careful and do lots of research before commiting myself to buying one. Especially off eBay where false claims are prolific. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links