Do Not Sell My Personal Information

'98 Corolla Tacho - Help!

RMS Corolla

I have a '98 Corolla S which didn't come with a tacho (rev counter) as standard. I put in a set of G6 clocks (which includes a rev counter) and even though the loom clipped in correctly the tacho doesnt work.

I take it there is no wiring for the rev counter in my car. Any ideas of where the rev counter gets its signal and how to hook it up?

Help much appreciated,

Andy

I have the wiring diagrams of the ae111 mate ill send you a pic of the wiring diagram tonight that will help you :thumbsup:

Cheers mate. I'm grinning already... or maybe its because you've got the 4agze under the hood! Checking out your website too... good stuff :)

Andy

PS - here's a pic of my AE111 1.3 S (woohoo :P )

DSCF0145.jpg

nice mate like that booster rear bumper been thinking about getting that have you got any more pic's?? are those the booster side skirts also?? thinking about getting them too :lol::lol:

Wrc spoiler :thumbsup:

do you have the bonnet??

Like that site mate loads of ae111 corolla's there :thumbsup: not many people mod the ae111 but looks like in ireland they do :lol:

There are a few southerners floating about with nice corollas (mag featured purple flipped one I have seen several times), someone bought a Fensport Turbo (white) and I've seen it floating about Dublin.

Mine is one of the most modified up North (which isn't very modified) but I have big plans and hope to make a nice show car out of her.

I run reallymeansounds.com so I'm all over the country at all the shows/cruises/track events, and I'm a bit biased in the photos I take ;) Toyotas everywhere!!

widearch_corolla.jpg

Mouth watering.. and from the south. Only one about I think - so I must get mine sorted quick!

I was thinking of changing the car too as its piling on the miles. Nothing a dose of bodyshop work and mechanical tweaking won't sort to renew my interest :rolleyes:

Andy

get that supercharger in there mate and you will not want to get rid of it + u will be able to eat most cars on the road :lol::lol:

u run the site :eek: good work mate toyota's rule :lol::lol:

at the moment there are only 2 4agze supercharged ae111's in the uk and mines one of them :lol:

RMS- Ah, Spelga Dam, no?

If it's anything like the EE101, there should be a black wire coming out of the Igniter (distributor), pin2 I think, which will then split off to tacho and a/c control.

Haynes says it's ablack wire at the cluster too.

I put a tacho into the better half's EE101 a couple of years back. It was a base model (sportif) but had that wire OK. Sure the cluster is OK?

David

Bad cluster - Its looking that way. Half day off work and a trip to beatties for me!

They're going to be my first port of call and fingers crossed when I plug in another she revs up :)

You on RMS dpm?

Andy

Andy, no I'm not. Never really got into the mod & show game and what mods I do tend to be mechanical and interior...

BTW, there's a guy round the corner that has an EE101 (or thereabouts) with a pretty lairy kit on it- looks like it's off an Imprezza or something. Dark blue met. One of your guys?

Have fun at Beatties...

Well you're welcome anyway :)

And the corolla with the kit - I think I no it, but will say no more ;)

Andy