Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Diesel Tuning

221gunner

Anyone tried one of these ?

here

im thinking about this! i have a rolla 2.0 diesel d4d and that flys for 116bhp so i guess 146bhp and increase torque will be good

Have you not seen the TTE one for diesels?

I guess it's the same but without the TTE sticker: Linky

With the TTE one it says you can add a switch, so you can choose between economy and sport mode which is good tbh

*I know it's the Corolla one but it says that it fit's all models :thumbsup:

Have you not seen the TTE one for diesels?

I guess it's the same but without the TTE sticker: Linky

With the TTE one it says you can add a switch, so you can choose between economy and sport mode which is good tbh

*I know it's the Corolla one but it says that it fit's all models :thumbsup:

check this out

here

Yep they all look the same ..... however I think that if you fitted the TTE product it wouldn't affect your warranty with Toyota - but don't quote me on that

I would like to know the price of it though ;) !

Yep they all look the same ..... however I think that if you fitted the TTE product it wouldn't affect your warranty with Toyota - but don't quote me on that

I would like to know the price of it though ;) !

Which price ?

Toyota £800

aken £400

its the same unit just re badged

Buy a Tunit. I went into this ages ago, Tunit is by far the best reliable product I believe. Not like the dodgy 2 pence resistors you get on eBay and elsewhere. Made in England, it works, its guaranteed, you have a local installer and tuner, luckily I live near head office. Diesel Car magazine feature their tuned cars regularly, they have stands at most shows. My 160bhp Avensis has had one for 2 years, needed a laptop fine tune on the rolling road, but perfect since then and I'm getting 56mpg.

The sales manager at my local Toyota dealer has got a Tunit on his 2.2 D-4d, if the TTe ones were any good surely he would have one of those but he hasnt. Why buy unproven stuff from abroad when you get a cast iron 3 year guarantee made in UK and not a fly by night outfit. Might cost £400, but worth every penny in my opinion.

http://www.tunit.co.uk/

I take it that the TTE one is plug and play though ?

No need for a rolling road etc

£800 is putting me off though ..... £400 isn't to bad but then there's my insurance :lol:

I take it that the TTE one is plug and play though ?

No need for a rolling road etc

£800 is putting me off though ..... £400 isn't to bad but then there's my insurance :lol:

The Tunit box is plug and play, I've got 9 settings on mine but it works best on number 5 for the optimum balance of power and economy. The problem with the D-4D engine is its very sensitive and even though they say just plug it in, most of the time the engine will go into safe mode under full load because it senses too much power. The beauty of the Tunit is it can be plugged into a laptop and they can alter certain parameters while you drive along so it doesnt do that and runs perfectly for your particular car. If you buy a product mail order there's no back up or network of support if things go wrong. I'm speaking purely from my experience that this product works perfectly for me and would recommend it and if you are spending £400+ you want comeback if you encounter problems.

There seems to be quite a few of these tuning box devices available (did a quick net search). Some list the Avensis 2.2 D-4D, some don't. Haven't yet found any software/mapping outfits offering upgrades for the Avensis, possibly due to the sensitivity of the D-4D engine going into safe mode when it senses too much power.

Some tuning box sites recommend only using products that use a digital method to ensure fuelling is always adjusted in accordance with demand (I assume this coincides with their own product). Same sites advise against anything that can be manually adjusted with a screw setting on the grounds that this leaves the fuelling set to one particular value and does not accommodate different driving styles/throttle positions.

Of course no-one is going to recommend a product that differs from their own and I have no experience of these devices yet so I don't know how the above applies to the Tunit Box.

Can anyone confirm if any of these devices are approved by Toyota please? I am in the market for a new car and an Avensis 2.2 D-4D T4 Estate is under consideration. Anyone else fitted any tuning devices to the 2.2 D-4D yet? If so what have you used?

Cheers ;)

Can anyone confirm if any of these devices are approved by Toyota please? I am in the market for a new car and an Avensis 2.2 D-4D T4 Estate is under consideration. Anyone else fitted any tuning devices to the 2.2 D-4D yet? If so what have you used?

Got a Tunit on my 2.2, had it for 6 months, no probs so far. Very happy

http://www.tunit.co.uk/vehicles-supported.php

this unit here

is what toyota sell it's just rebadged.

Thanks Gary, I took a look but can't find the Avensis 2.2 D-4D listed on the Van Aarken site. :huh:

The TTE one is the only approved one but the one 221gunner is exaclty the same but rebadged

Can someone please tell me why you all think TTE is a firm endorsed by Toyota UK or even Toyota Germany.

They are a newish outfit, not connected to the ex rally team or the current F1 team as far as I know. Nowhere on their website does it say they are endorsed by Toyota UK none of their stuff is for sale in UK dealerships that I have been too. Are they just an independent company that does styling products?

Anyone care to enlighten me please?

Anyone care to enlighten me?

Reverse everything in your post then you will be right Stephen :lol:

Toyota Motorsport GmbH is the fully-owned motorsports subsidiary of the Toyota Motor Corporation, one of the world's most successful automotive manufacturers. Operating from its factory in Cologne, Germany, Toyota Motorsport runs the Panasonic Toyota Racing Formula 1 team, building its entire F1 car, both chassis and engine, in-house under one roof.

Toyota Motorsport is no stranger to success in the motorsports arena, having run World Rally Championship programmes and entries in the gruelling Le Mans 24 hours. Toyota can boast a total of three manufacturers titles in WRC, four driver titles and a total of 43 rally victories. In Le Mans, Toyota qualified second for the 1997 event and set the fastest lap of the race. One year later, the team captured pole position and finished in a strong second place.

Thanks Gary, I took a look but can't find the Avensis 2.2 D-4D listed on the Van Aarken site.

give them a call or email them

Reverse everything in your post then you will be right Stephen

All reversed...Cheers! :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...

my mate had tte chip on his mk2 rav gave 140 bhp didnt seem to hurt the fuel economy (he didnt drive for economy anyway) said it was brilliant he got it from the nuneaton toyota dealer (who seems to like to play with there demos) have one one of these rav kits on the shelf and will fit it for under £700 inc vat

• 1 year later...

I have been here before, but just to hijack the thread, a chip kit, sold by TTE will not affect your warranty, a chip kit made by the same company who make them for Toyota is not the same and Would affect your warranty.

We have been selling chip kits made in Germany to TUV standards for some time, they are not genuine and would not be covered by a Toyota warranty, however, the product is superb and has a two year manufacturers parts warranty, if it does fail, you can unplug it and go back to "Normal" mode. They are fully mapped and do not require any adjustments or tinkering, we have them set for a minimum 20% power increase. TOC members can buy one off me for £375 if you sign up to our website, normal price £410. More details can be found here If you want further info, please contact me by PM