Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Final Bits Before It Hits The Roads.

daktari

New Battery tray and relocated the Battery again!!!

2f8746b5.jpg

48b90707.jpg

Oil filter sandwich plate. Got rid of the silly `T` thing

Silly `T' thing.

BrassMultiadapterforoilpressureetc.jpg

sandwich plate.

01c6f776.jpg

Remote oil presure senders. No chance of these puppies shearing off.

Remoteoilpresurefeed118-06-2006.jpg

af74c5d6.jpg

Shortened the throttle cable. No more miles of cable wandering round the engine bay.

Shortenedthrottlecable18-06-2006.jpg

Fitted Apexi SAFC and Wideband O2 sensor kit.

Widebando2sensorkit18-06-20061.jpg

Widebando2sensorkit18-06-2006.jpg

Widebando2sensorkit18-06-20062.jpg

Think thats about it now. In for bit of mapping tomorrow then all i got to do is clean it. MOT & Tax. :wacko:

Been busy then? :lol:

Looks good, very clean :D

How much lighter is the car with the rear stripped out? :bookworm:

iirc the stuff from the rear weighed in at about 22KG. Thats seats (Surpisingly light) Rear shelf with a brace of 6x9s. Spare wheel. jack, Tools, carpet, seat belts, a good few brackets + Nuts n bolts.

Was expecting a bit more of a saving than that :unsure:

It all helps. Lost about another 15kg from other areas of the interior and about 40kg from the engine bay. complete air con system Fans, Rad wiring etc, Changing the wheels and tyres saved nearly 6 Kg. So all in all getting on for about 90Kg lighter..... :thumbsup:

Thinking about stripping the entire interior later in the year and doing away with the OE Seats, Soundproofing and sunroof. Means having to weld in a panel though. And thats going to be a PITA. WRC cars weighed in at 1100 KG if i can get below 1200 i`ll be happy. :yes:

Oh and i`m on a diet too. :lol:

ahh rite, 90kg sounds better :D

I agree, less than 1200kgs would be a hell of an achievement! :thumbsup:

the 205 needs to be lighter... but all the heavy stuff that could be removed... i like too much :unsure: e.g. Air con, 12" sub

the 205 needs to be lighter... but all the heavy stuff that could be removed... i like too much :unsure: e.g. Air con, 12" sub

Tbh i might remove my air-con , how easy is it remove then re-install if i come to sell it ? I never use it and i've heard its a heavy ol bugger . :unsure:

Good work Fella! :thumbsup:

But mate, if I had all those dials and displays in my car I would probably crash very often - even with my snooper I'm forever looking at it just to see if I have a good gps signal!! :D Looking very tidy :thumbsup:

thanks guys. Well all the hard work :unsure: has paid off. Took it over to get it set up on the dyno. Thats not a nice feeling standing there listening to your engine being thrapped half to death. Reasonably good results considering it`s virtually stock with regards to the tubby and fuel system. Finally got it running at 1.05 BAR without the WI got a max power output of 228.6 BHP @ 6100 RPM and Torque 217.4 @ 3550 RPM. Couldn`t fire up the WI because i hadn`t set it up properly. :censor: Ooops then. But at least i know i got a bit more to come. :yes::thumbsup:

The A/F ratios started at around 13.5 dropping to around 10.5 at full chat. Felt good to drive it again. :D

At the wheels Mike. :thumbsup: Intersting chat with the bloke running the dyno about transmision loss. He reckoned that i was only losing around 40 - 45 BHP. which is only around 20% I was expecting it to be more than that. He tried explaining how it all works, but it just went straight over my head. :wacko:

Oh. And Adam.... It flies :lol: Need to sort out the suspension though. i forgot how bad the roads were. in a car with uprated springs. Have to save up for a nice set of Teins methinks. :thumbsup:

looking good dak :thumbsup: bet all that weight saving has made a difference :) . You all making me miss my four at the moment, it's not fair :crybaby:

228 @ the wheels, thats impressive Dak! :yes: :D :thumbsup:

Gonna get mine dyno'd soon, see what shes puttin out before i start messin :lol: :D

At the wheels Mike. :thumbsup: Intersting chat with the bloke running the dyno about transmision loss. He reckoned that i was only losing around 40 - 45 BHP. which is only around 20% I was expecting it to be more than that. He tried explaining how it all works, but it just went straight over my head. :wacko:

That sounds about right for transmission loss. Generally, losses are estimated as about:

15% for FWD

17% for RWD

+5% for 4WD

The WI should help significantly when you get it sorted. :thumbsup:

Looks a superb piece of kit, i'm sure that would blitz the Nurberg in next to no time. You can always loose wait by lightening the fuel load ;-).

That sounds about right for transmission loss. Generally, losses are estimated as about:

15% for FWD

17% for RWD

+5% for 4WD

The WI should help significantly when you get it sorted. :thumbsup:

The way he was explaining it, I would only be losing 40 - 45BHP regardless of what the BHP was. As it only takes so much to get a mass rolling and to keep it rolling. I think thats what he meant anyway. :rolleyes: think i`ve sussed the WI out now. But have to get it MOT`d and Taxed before i can play. :crybaby:

Looks a superb piece of kit, i'm sure that would blitz the Nurberg in next to no time. You can always loose wait by lightening the fuel load ;-).

Unfortunately, it does that all by itself...... Very very quickly. :crybaby::crybaby:

Sounds good!! :D :yes:

& your making me miss mine too. Went out in my mates 200bhp at the wheels starlet turbo last night... was fun to go out and race in a fast car again... surprised an M3 driver too :P

Went out in my mates 200bhp at the wheels starlet turbo last night...

He finally got it sorted then Adam? Is he happy with the results?

Yeah its finally sorted :P

It actually made 203.9bhp at the fly sorry, not the wheels :)

It is fast, weighs only 840kg with him in the car :eek:

Yeah its finally sorted :P

It actually made 203.9bhp at the fly sorry, not the wheels :)

It is fast, weighs only 840kg with him in the car :eek:

Bet it flies!!

All that power with low weight, he'll be suprising a fair few cars with that! :thumbsup: