Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Insurance Woes

Peter D

Well guys ,

Insurance due for renewall begining of August-my experiences below.

Direct Line renewall came through- £306 ,up from £245 last year(TTE lowering springs fitted mid year) thought this was excessive so rang around.

More than- would NOT qoute due to lowering springs.

Sainsburys- as above

Swinton -as above

Norwich Union Direct- £290 with £20 Cashback=£270

Toyota insurance- £283 standard, £312 with tte springs.

This experience shows how inflexible most companies are towards minor upgrades.

I was especially grumpy after speaking to Toyota, as the '03 brochure states"sports lowering springs- available all models EXCEPT T sport" This surely means that if you upgade your T sport to '03 spec you'll pay extra insurance!!!

You better watch out people, think of the insurance loading for the '03 boot light!

Peter ( not bitter at all)

Did you tell direct line they was "toyota approved springs" so do not incur any extra cost.

I have TTE springs,TTE shocks and TTE anti-roll bars no extra cost with direct line.

I got quoted £910 for a YTS yesterday, which is not bad for me, but I understand about insurance companies hating any slight mods that you make:

I decided that I would be very good and tell my company all the mods that I'd done, as didn't want to crash (again!) and not be recompensed for the extras - charged me an extra £800! Was relieved that I'd done it though, as then crashed a little while later, and had damages of about 2.5k on my car.

It's always a tricky decision as to what to own up to really

Pav :blink:

It's always a tricky decision as to what to own up to really

Pav :blink:

Always declare everything,if they find an excuse to get out of paying they will do.

Hi everyone

Well i'm quite pleased with my insurance. £385 with tesco insurance and that was with telling them about lowering springs and windows tinted all around. Tesco weren't to bovered about the up grades done on the cars. So it looks like i will be insuring with them another year :yes:

jerry!!

Hi everyone

Well i'm quite pleased with my insurance. £385 with tesco insurance and that was with telling them about lowering springs and windows tinted all around. Tesco weren't to bovered about the up grades done on the cars. So it looks like i will be insuring with them another year :yes:

jerry!!

I'm paying £394 with direct line with all mods declared,will try tesco's and adrian flux when i renew at the end of august as well as direct line.

Thanks Jerry i hadn't thought of them :thumbsup:

Hi Guys,

after asking a few times about the Club ins, and getting no response, I checked with a few members and rang a few of the companys listed in the ins post,

Most of them did not want to know as soon as I mentioned the mods, but I was passed along to 3 different companys via Direct Line I think (I'd lost the plot by now), to Haven (Hill House Hammond) they where able to get under writers approval immeadeately, finaly giving a figure of £522 all mods declared, this is and increase of approx £90, but at least every thing is covered.

hi..

Just renewed mine last week,

I'm 29 with 3 years no claim, all mods listed TTE lowering springs and induction kit (not fitted yet but told them up front anyway as its cheaper)

elephant.co.uk / admiral £393

Tesco -- wouldnt touch it as its a modified car ??

Norwich union £6?? (cant remember exatcly)

Adrian Flux £7??

Direct Line £565

Cheapest unmodified was e-Sure at £300.

sorted avensis... told them my springs were TTE, and it made no differance. Looks like a lot depends on who you speak to and how lucky they got the night before :lol:

Surinder...

sorted avensis... told them my springs were TTE, and it made no differance. Looks like a lot depends on who you speak to and how lucky they got the night before :lol:

Surinder...

If that all it takes to get cheaper car insurance i'm sure i could arrange something :hokus-pokus: :lol:

Update!

Have gone with Norwich Union direct, as the quote included everything I wanted( protected no-claims, legal cover) I was quite surprised, however by how "pushy" the sales people were. Must be the commission they get ( just a wild guess!)

Peter