Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cars - Something Interesting

sotal

Think its just becuase a lot are getting to the age where things are wearing now, superstrut etc....

Ive had no mechanical probs really apart from general wear n tear which I was expecting anyway ;)

I've been looking at Z3's a bit as they meet all the criteria I want - anyone got any real comments about them?? (I don't want any of the it's a bmw comments, or the indicators don't work :lol: :P )

Series 2 944 turbo :lol:

I've been looking at Z3's a bit as they meet all the criteria I want - anyone got any real comments about them??

Built for fat americans :lol:

Seriously, it's a soft american roadster. My mum had one while her car was getting repaired and within five minutes of starting off she declared "This is a woman's car!" :D

Paul.

I'd go with a 2001 Golf V6 4motion, reliable, fast, and good on the twisties for when its not carrying all the kids! and it's just lost most of its depreciation so can be bought for about 6500, so enough left to make it over to germany for the World Cup final!!!

Not that flashy though!

I have always liked these

starion.jpg

1990 MITSUBISHI STARION 2.6 Turbo EX 3dr Coupe,

White. Wide Body, G Reg. 12 months MOT, 4 months tax, 3 owners from new. E/W, C/L, P/S, CAT 2 Immobiliser. Spotless Full Black Leather Interior. Excellent condition throughout. Always garaged. £2,875. ono

Not keen on the Mitsubishi :yucky:

So nobody can say anything "real" for negatives for the Z3?? I'm seriously considering one - probably just for a year

Not keen on the Mitsubishi :yucky:

So nobody can say anything "real" for negatives for the Z3?? I'm seriously considering one - probably just for a year

You mean `BMW` isn`t a real thing against them. :unsure: :P

Starions rock!!!!!!!!! Although After owning a mitsi, I would never recomend one to anyone.... I am not sure if the older cars build quality is as bad as the newer ones though!!

I really really really hate to admit this today... but I menalyy asked myself the question I have been dreading for years today... when driving the porsche..... "is this better then the supra??"

Hopefully I will get my soop back on the road soon and on driving it eliminate such evil, bad, and impure thoughts!!!!! :thumbsup:

Which engine size are you looking at?

Paul.

The z3 is a girly hairdressers car. Stay well clear.

And the Elise isn't half as bad reliability wise as everyone is making out.

The 1.8 Z3 is slower than my 1 litre Yaris to 60 (no, it really is)! :yes:

Which engine size are you looking at?

Paul.

I was looking at the 2.8 litre Z3 as consumption won't bother me too much with not needing to do the mileage

The z3 is a girly hairdressers car. Stay well clear.

And the Elise isn't half as bad reliability wise as everyone is making out.

I'm not bothered about it being a "girly car" :rolleyes: after a bit of thought I decided that I didn't care what other people thought :thumbsup: As I said it's probably only going to be for a year and I won't get chance again to get a 2 seater for a fair few years :thumbsup:

The 1.8 Z3 is slower than my 1 litre Yaris to 60 (no, it really is)! :yes:

No it isn't :lol: Not much is slower than a 1L Yaris ;) (Yaris 0-60 time 13.6 Seconds - 1.8 Z3 0-60 10.1 Seconds) The 2.8 Litre that I'm looking at is about 6.5 seconds 0-60 and has 193bhp - don't know how they can only get 193bhp out of a 2.8 litre when Toyota can get 190 out of a 1.8 but anyway :unsure:

I was looking at the 2.8 litre Z3 as consumption won't bother me too much with not needing to do the mileage

Is that insurance group 19? I've only got figures for the 3.0, 2.2 and 1.8 (Evo mag), or is the 2.8 what BMW is calling the 3.0?

I still say that you are paying for the Badge rather than actual quality. But perhaps if the depreciation is mega and you can pick one up very cheaply it might be worth it.

Paul.

Insurance group 16, they did a 3.0litre (231 bhp) which is group 18 and a 3.2litre (325bhp) which is group 19.

Don't see many of the 3/3.2 litre models though and they seem to be more expensive.

There's loads of the 2.8's about and depreciation has hit them hard. Looking at around £6k.

I definatley am not paying for the Badge :lol: that's the worst bit about the car! I'd be paying for the look of the car - there aren't many others out there to choose from and by all accounts the bmw's reliablity record seems on top from the choice.

I still fancy a lotus elise and I still fancy a couple of other cars so nothing is set in stone and I could just carry on with the celica for ever and a day but now is a good time to swap so I thought I'd get some opinions about the various cars