Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Envy Cold Air Intake Info Please

chrisb1976

Hi,

I've had my eye on upgrading to Envy's cold air intake after reading some good reports about it on here.

Anyway, I'm pretty rubbish at mechanics etc and wondered how easy/hard they're to fit and if they come with fitting instructions.

Cheers,

Chris.

:thumbsup:

Its pretty straight forward - all you'd need is a socket set, possibly pliers and a screwdriver.

First off you need to remove the standard airbox - its held on with several 10mm bolts and hose clips to the intake manifold. Then its a case of positioning the new system - mating it up to the intake and securing into position.

If you're concerned Im sure kevin at envy can supply some fitting instructions and pictures. In the past when Ive been struggling with things he has supplied hes put his master mechanic on the phone to me and Ive gotten sorted.

So I guess I did it the hard way then removing the headlight and unclipping the bumper on the N/S of the car. I also had to relocate my alarm siren as it prevented the filter from fitting.

Its definitley worth it though, immense grunt at around 3500/4000rpm to the redline, and there is a slight pick-up in revs. I'm not going to comment on power until its been RR'd.

Thanks. Sounds worth the hassle. I think I'll invest in one very soon, put a weekend aside and hope I can fit it. :thumbsup:

Oh one other thing, are there any sensors that need relocating on the new kit?

Also just got my hands on a TNS200 (Sat Nav), so gonna be busy !Removed! up my t sport! :help:

It all becomes apparent with the kit.

You get the chrome induction pipe attatch the filter to the end of that, the small silicone hose piece to the other end, then to the throttle body, move the filter about and tighten up.

Have to remove the engine cover to fit the breather pipe, but its basically a piece of cake, took an hour to do on mine, including taking the lamp out etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Well finally fit it! Took a while mind you with hoses and wires not being long enough, but got there in the end.

Is it me or does should it attach somewhere to hold it in place. I couldn't find where it should attach (threaded hole may be to something?), but it seemed secure enough (ie: wedged in).

Just got a couple of concerns as in hope it isn't rubbing on anything enough to make a hole in the filter, and just a bit concerned if it will filter the air enough. Looking at the stock air filter it seemed pretty thick. The cone filter is literally see though netting. :unsure:

I'll keep an eye on it, but it does sound good though!!! :yes:

I'm planning on removing my foglights and using the recess as a cold air feed to the filter, but it should be better in the area where it is, as its out of the way of the hot air from the manifold.

Its alot easier if you fit it by removing the pasenger wheel and wheel arch lining. You should not need to take the bumper or the light off.

I will see if I can get a picyure of mine to show where to re-locate the alarm. Toyota have kindly provided a threaded hole that is ideal for the job.

Thanks

Kevin

This is beginning to sound like a bugger to fit, I hope i've made the right choice.

Are the MAF sensor wires long enough to reach?

Yes they are long enough to reach, you may just have to loosen the insulation tape holding the wires together just to give you a bit more slack.

There don't seem to be enough existing rubber piping to reach though! :ffs:

And I'm not sure what the threaded hole in the kit fixes to if anything? :help:

can anyone tell me is the standard breather pipe long enough or do you have a new one in the kit

thanks

The standard breather pipe wasn't long enough and there was another hose providing in the kit, I chopped a bit off of the end to make it fit.

The standard breather pipe wasn't long enough and there was another hose providing in the kit, I chopped a bit off of the end to make it fit.

I didn't get a breather pipe provided in my kit. :blink:

Sorry it must have been missed out the kit. Send me your name and address by PM and I will send one out to you. The stock one should fit for now.

Thanks

Kevin

I didn't get a breather pipe provided in my kit. :blink:

hey how much do these induction kits go for i been lookin at the blitz and apexi ones lately and i cant really decide which one of those to go for, and does it come with induction pipes MAF holes and breather pipes e.t.c.?...

The blitz is cheaper ( possibly for a good reason )

But the apexi seems like it will do a better job..

wat should i do !!?!?

oh and while im here what is the standard bhp of a t-sport because i keep reading different things ??

they are about £140, apexi offers the best filtration, but a lot of hot air will get to it because of where it's located, the envy kit above also has good filtration but is located where a lot of cold air will get to it so it's much better than the apexi.

The blitz filters only make a good sound, the filtration is crap on them.

standart BHP is about 108

cheers matey, i reckon im gonna go for the envy one theres not much in it. I found a guy near where i live whos got a dyno and will stick it on there to set it up properly and remap me ecu while hes at it ! :D cos i got a FSE pressure regulater for it aswell so im gettin sum bigger injectors to run with i think should boost the bhp up a fair bit especially with the cat back

good luck with the tuning because what i've heard and what's on the forums the vvti systems are a bit of a bugger to re map.

Nah you'll not get anywhere with the standard ECU unless you go to the likes of TTE in germany.

An aftermarket puggyback ecu is the only way that you'll get any real benefit - like a unichip.

I was reading in one of the Aussie forums that apparently the Dastek Unichip becomes overridden over time and resorts back to it's original settings? This way you have to keep going back to get it remapped.....

bellox to that then, gawd y is it i get a yaris to be a little different cos im sick of seein saxos n corsas flyin about an all i get is grief lol..

oh well being different always has issues, any of you guys recommend some good tuning bearing in mind im on a really tight budget.

and does anyone know of anyone selling some 16" / 17 " to fit a yaris ??