• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• VTRick

• Monster-Mat

• knowlson

• TheNissanMan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yeah I'm working REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAL hard (looking for custom dials/gauges for my car!!)

working super hard me, i was just :censor: about in flash for at least 2 days. lol, drawing cartoon characters. lol

and ive got bored of looknig for import starlets, ive done it for about 20 hours this week. i think ive actually got some work to do this afternoon :blink:

something in flash for an oil rig invite thing <_<

EDITED AGAIN

post-15-1059562401.jpg

DBZ nice one mate

i am working hard today sucks installing 2 windows 2003 servers + 1 windows 2000 with exchange 2000 into and new domain and the transfering all data and mail its grrrrreatttt i hate computers :censor:

VTRick- what do you actually do?

I've spent most of the day wresting with BT and sorting out 1D01T and PEBKAC errors *sigh*

Hey VTRick just thought i'd jack this thread and say hi, it was good to speak to you at the weekend, nice to know other people have their heads screwed on right :)

also hi to the other Starlet/yaris owners (cant remember which) that were banished from the ponce's BBQ in the rain that night, good to meet you.

and fair play to the guy who spoke top me on Sunday, he was quite diplomatic when he had the chance to be a :censor: , well done mate. :)

haha, alright mate. i heard you got in a spot of trouble on saturday night :wacko:

tsk tsk, was keeping my eye open on sunday for you, was gunna discuss the nights camp driving. lol

good to meet you mate

I'm up - slowly.....

F :censor: d my shoulder muscle or something lifting something extremely heavy testerday. Boy, am is my back aching or what......... :help:

Nice to meet you too John. We were Starlet owners apart from VTRick :P

Made us chuckle matey :D

So have you decided whether your gonna try and get another engine?

Think I might have found one for my Starlet :)

Take care matey

Nath :thumbsup:

not sure about the engine as priorities have changed slightly because i need to build a new lowrider, but never say never, oh yeah about Sat night, it was just a small wheelspin on an empty road for about 25m everyone was huddled under tents and no cars were on the road, anyone would think i was after Donald Campbells trophy !???

still no excuse, BUT AT LEAST I WASN'T DRUNK OR STONED eh ?

I Just got up after work lat night.Im knakered and have got 2 meetings today and

Ive got to stay awake -_- .

No way

morning peeps,,,,,,,just rolled in work after a very heavy night in high wycombe with a couple of the lads from work......only started as quite drink after work (yeah right)... :crybaby::drool:

knowlson: what u using to move data etc .........are you using XMERGE or am i still working with dinorsours (on day the MOD will pull its self into the whatever century it is now) :thumbsup: :ffs:

knowlson: what u using to move data etc .........are you using XMERGE or am i still working with dinorsours (on day the MOD will pull its self into the whatever century it is now) :thumbsup:  :ffs:

:lol: Well ive now got all my servers up in a nice new active directory domain woo hoo.

The exchange is a bit of a :censor: at the mo I have an old nt4 exchange 5.5 server and on my new servers 2003 im using exchange 2003 (beta version what am I playing at :lol: )just trying to see if I can build exchange into the same domain then move the mailboxes from one server to another if not im going to try exmerge or if i can be ubikd get all the mailboxe's to pst and just import them again cant be botherd to spend loads of time on it I hate exchange :lol::lol:

thats interesting cus exchange is the biggest part of what i do wihtin the MOD and we are running a complete NT network with exchange 5.5 on the whole system...........each station has its own exchange server but one has the MASTER Replication Server which is were i work

(no clues from the location in my profile lol) :thumbsup:

use exmerge a lot but if i can avoid it i do...........cus you have to get into the relms of .csv files etc to load up the mailboxes on the new server then export and inport the data......depending on the size of the original mail boxes this can be a right pain in the :censor:

not trying to teach the orical to suck eggs so to speak but if you havent used it before quick guide line..............5G of data will take approx 56 hours to export and the same to import thats if it goes in first time (actress, bishop etc) :thumbsup:

Cheers gus :thumbsup:

Never used exmerge before and if its going to take ages ill not bother Im just reading about it on technet. Cheers mate you have saved me some time there :lol::lol:

Think ill try and cary on builing it into the same domain then move the mailboxes gotta do all the /domainprep /forestprep stuff first before :crybaby: then see if it works The real bugger is that 2003 does nto support 5.5 or 2000 exchange i would have just built the new servers the same so i could have just copied the edb's over :ffs:

Hey VTRick just thought i'd jack this thread and say hi, it was good to speak to you at the weekend, nice to know other people have their heads screwed on right :)

also hi to the other Starlet/yaris owners (cant remember which) that were banished from the ponce's BBQ in the rain that night, good to meet you.

and fair play to the guy who spoke top me on Sunday, he was quite diplomatic when he had the chance to be a :censor: , well done mate. :)

which BBQ are we talking about here, and which ponce's ??

yeah, cos thats what i'd have done too :blink::blink::blink::blink: ?????????????????????

still i can convert a CSV file into any other sort of file for you nice and quick if you ever need it, or if you loose your data i can retrieve it.

not much help really.

i seem to remember something about a "move server" command in 5.5 which if im right shifts everything in one go (yeah right like thats going to work). :group-cuddles: think your easiest way is going to be to get all your users to export a .pst to their own destop. bring them onto the new server through outlook and re inport their own .pst.........my have to use something like sms or netmeeting to explain to the non so IT literate how to do this......but defo build a .csv file in excel and use that to build mailboxes on new server......one click and hey presto 400 mailboxes created.

tip.......empty log file prior to in porting .csv that way you can tell if any mailboxes had problems whilst inporting....and you dont have to sive through hundreds of error messages to find the ones you want........edit .csv and reinport....hope this help mate :thumbsup:

Cheers again mate but with 1600 users exporting to a pst file is going to take ages Im going to see if I can install 5.5 even if microsith say that it wont work on 2003 server and see if i can build it into the same domain then move the mail boxes from one server to another.

But I doubt it will work Ive just tried it with exchange 2003 and even though I have all the ADC links up and the trust working it does not work :crybaby: If that dont work ill try exchnage 2000 :lol::lol:

Well ill have to see what happens now :lol::lol:

Ok well I take it all back all the things that I have ever said about Microsith

Install exchange 2003 server in new domain setup there is a lovley new tool that moves all the mailboxes and sids for you from another domain all you have to do is give permission on the 5.5 server org+server and the container :thumbsup: but its not documented anywhere that it does this!!! :lol::lol:

Gus you might want to have a look mate might save yoyu some time instead of using exmerge or doing csv files :thumbsup:

I'm here... sorting out a new roof and a new gearbox for my car... about to go pick up the uprated brakes.... then give the jewlers hell because they STILL have not mended my watch :ffs:

syupose I'd better go get some bits that I need to fit my nitrous too

can see im going to have to have a play with 2003 (joyus maximus) i think not :ffs:

thanks for the info mate will p :censor: around with the test rig and see what i can sort

biggest move i ever did was at a rather large station belonging to our friends over the pond situated not far from me (know were i mean ryan,scot) and that was 17,000 mail boxes on four servers......... :ffs: that took a while

and fair play to the guy who spoke top me on Sunday, he was quite diplomatic when he had the chance to be a  :censor: , well done mate. :)

which BBQ are we talking about here, and which ponce's ??

sorry, i thought it was obvious....

There was a mass of people huddled under the (mine cost more than yours) Lexi stand and just a few guys keeping it together under the TOC gazebo, it was as if they were being ignored by the other people, Shame because all the guys at the TOC gazebo we're cool and making the most of it.

I thought the 'club' would have all been together.....

jon i think its a little unfair to say ponces and "mines better than yours"

i tried to get around everyone on the weekend, but as you know the weather will have killed most of that off....

the lexus pointy thing was the biggest one there so people went to that one......

the meet and greet is a 2 way street......i can only do so much, its a bit sour to judge those you never met!!, i think there was alot of apathy over the weekend with everyone assuming that they didnt have to go out and meet people and expected everyone to come to them.

the bar-b-q on the sat night everyone as far as i could see was trying to get under the 2 TOC GAZEEBOS........

there was a good mix of TOC and LOC over the weekend, if people feel left out, maybe they never made as much of an effort as others did

its one club at the end of the day....... :thumbsup:

not being one to start confrontation, there was alot of"mines better than yours" going on.

a few of the lexus boys were walking about looking at the toyota cars, and turned their nose up at the starlets. when questioned why. they said they were "cheap". to which we replied, "but our cars are faster than yours." and the lexus guy came out with a classic...

"er.. but mine cost more"

we all laughed at him, he walked off.

if that isnt condecending, i dont know what is. we was looked down upon by the lexus people. because their cars cost more. when infact all they are are dressed up toyotas.

like you said, were all one club.

we never took the :censor: out of zee for getting beaten by a 1.3 "cheap" car on the dyno.

GUESS WHAT...