Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Things I've Noticed With The Yaris

Lenry

The Yaris (Boris) is booked in for a MOT/Service on the 28th

I've noticed that the left number plate light sometimes doesn't come on, If I give the bumper a knock it comes on. I've taken the bumper off recently the bulb looks ok plus it's seated ok (from what I can see)

I get the same thing with my 3rd brake light, with that one it just seems to come out of the socket just enough to not work, I've changed the bulb, that didn't work.

It's sellotaped on at the moment!

My question is does anyone know what could be the problem?

Also would Toyota check the 3rd light bulb physically (other then checking that it emits light?) when they do the MOT.

Cheers for any help given, :thumbsup:

afaik (but dont quote me on this) 3rd brake lights are not essential for an mot (tho this might only be for older cars)

Now you siad that, I think someone told me before.

Can anyone confirm that?

also any ideas on the numberplate light, one is ok jus thte left one goes off

With regards to the lights in general I am pretty sure if they are fitted they MUST work, but then again i am not 100% on this.

Nick

www.ukmot.com is a good website

Brake lights

http://www.ukmot.com/1-3.asp

It looks like you need your lights to be working properly.

Get a service done before the MOT, or aske them to check your problems and fix them before the MOT

Regarding the number plate - It still could be the bulb :yes:

Just swap the left and right bulbs and see if it still happens ..... in my clio every time I went over a bump in the road one or two of my dash lights would go off, a quick punch and it would turn back on.

Sounds like the filament has gone but is still touching hence looking like it works until it is bashed/jerked :thumbsup:

If the problem still happens when you have swapped the bulbs you know its probably a loose connection somewhere

Regarding the number plate - It still could be the bulb :yes:

Just swap the left and right bulbs and see if it still happens ..... in my clio every time I went over a bump in the road one or two of my dash lights would go off, a quick punch and it would turn back on.

Sounds like the filament has gone but is still touching hence looking like it works until it is bashed/jerked :thumbsup:

If the problem still happens when you have swapped the bulbs you know its probably a loose connection somewhere

Ill try that now cheers, (soobvious when you think about it)